Bearded Theory 2022

Chrisp1986

52 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Who are we going for with the subs then?

It was 'supposed' to be You Me At Six, Toots and Johnny Marr.

Maybe they have kept hold of the two but who will replace Toots? I have a feeling that You Me At Six maybe a little big for a sub now and are now an arena sized act who may demand too high fee for BT?

They have said one of the subs is actually headliner sized for Bearded but they have agreed to go 2nd on the bill, which is apparently why The Mission are billed as 'special guests' as they are big enough to sub. Confusing. 

I am still going for Idles. They tried to book them for 2020 but was on an exclusivity agreement with another festival that year. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I spotted The Maytals Band on a festival line-up somewhere so they're still going without Toots but no doubt they'd be lower down the bill.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a whole new trio, otherwise why not announce them with the rest of the line-up?

They were supposed to be at Green Man, but pulled out. The Fearless Fish Maytals curse continues!

28 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

No replacement for buying the programme on entry to read with your fine ale and cider from the bars and all based on times from 2018 and 2019 but here is the start of a clash finder.

https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2022

Already got clashes 😒

On 9/7/2021 at 9:30 AM, Nobody Interesting said:

No replacement for buying the programme on entry to read with your fine ale and cider from the bars and all based on times from 2018 and 2019 but here is the start of a clash finder.

https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2022

Pretty sure Magical Sounds went on until later than midnight at the last BT.

1 hour ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

So 2 friends in a group of 6 made a rookie error this morning and both purchased 6tics and a campervan tic !!!!!!!!!!!

so if you are thinking of going and don`t yet have your tics message me and i`ll put you in touch.

Might be worth contacting bearded and seeing what they can do. They are a small team so might be more flexible. 

13 hours ago, DJL said:

... and we're in for the first time. Very excited. 

Has anyone ever got a cab home at the end of the night. We will camp but possibly not every night and we live fairly locally...

Its such a brilliant festival...compact site so no massive hikes (but still plenty of room), great beer choice, but the crowd is what makes it...an absolutely lovely bunch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

So 2 friends in a group of 6 made a rookie error this morning and both purchased 6tics and a campervan tic !!!!!!!!!!!

so if you are thinking of going and don`t yet have your tics message me and i`ll put you in touch.

UPDATE......... 3 TICKETS AND CAMPERVAN HAVE GONE SO JUST 3 TICKETS LEFT.

36 minutes ago, timespeedsup said:

Hoping it's still 3am Friday and Saturday night.  Which has got me thinking, any news on whether the previously-planned Arcadia spider will still make its debut? 

Not sure mate.

New Placebo song dropping on Friday too, with a new album primed too apparently 🙂 

23 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Thinking of treating myself to a stay in one of the posh tents... anyone stayed in them before and what they like?

Are there big queues for the showers?

If anyone has an pics I'd really appreciate it 🙂

I showered a couple of times late afternoon at the last BT, no queue either time. I wasn't in the posh bit though.

On 9/9/2021 at 5:46 PM, Flaminglippy said:

Still going for Idles as sub headliner for the Friday...not sure if the below makes it more or less likely though...

Screenshot_20210909-174336_Lite.jpg

I think we will get Echo & the Bunnymen back too given this festival puts them in Wolverhampton on the Saturday..... I really hope so

Hoping the Undertones are back on the lineup too 🙂 

7 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I think we will get Echo & the Bunnymen back too given this festival puts them in Wolverhampton on the Saturday..... I really hope so

Hoping the Undertones are back on the lineup too 🙂 

The undertones? Is this the original line up or a queenesque feargel stand in?

26 minutes ago, zico martin said:

The undertones? Is this the original line up or a queenesque feargel stand in?

It's a stand-in, but it's the same stand-in that they've had since they reformed in the 90s, and have released a few (largely ignored) albums of new material with so it's long term at this point. It's nowhere near the almost karaoke levels that Queen have reached. The rest of the band is unchanged since the mid 70s.

• Thanks 1