Bearded Theory 2022

Chrisp1986

27 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Here we go!

Just seen that the festival is now stating Wed to Mon instead of starting on Thursday. Does anyone know what this means? More music or just site opening early?

Where is that from?

As far as I can see (albeit not having looked everywhere), the dates on their site still appear to be 26th onwards. Could it just be that somewhere or other there's a reference to the (a) 25th from a previous year?

Yeah they have definitely confirmed this on Facebook a couple of times recently (in response to whether the date will change as the bank holiday is a week later). I assume will mean we might get more music on the Thursday and Wednesday will just be a setting up day. Great news. Not sure how well my back will cope with 5 days camping (or to be fair my liver as I will be on my own Weds & Thurs until my other half and babby come down Friday) 

Edited by Flaminglippy

Interesting, thanks.

Yeah my guess would be campsites only on the Wednesday - if they're opening the Arena then it's likely to need most of the build to be brought forward a day and add a decent amount of cost - even without booking any acts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Anyone heard any rumours on potential line up for this one apart from the released headliners?

Was kinda hoping they will try and get back some of the bands back from the original original original announcement but it was that long ago and they have made so many other announcements for the rescheduled dates can't remember any of them, except for Johnny Marr but think he is touring with the Killers in the States. I think the organisers said they had originally tried to get Idles but they were on an exclusivity agreement with another festival so hopefully they will get them this time round. 

3 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Was kinda hoping they will try and get back some of the bands back from the original original original announcement but it was that long ago and they have made so many other announcements for the rescheduled dates can't remember any of them, except for Johnny Marr but think he is touring with the Killers in the States. I think the organisers said they had originally tried to get Idles but they were on an exclusivity agreement with another festival so hopefully they will get them this time round. 

Where would Idles fit? Are they more headline material for a festival of this size? I can't remember the original line up but it looked good from memory. I feel a lot of bads due 2 years ago may now be bigger than the slots they had originally?

5 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Where would Idles fit? Are they more headline material for a festival of this size? I can't remember the original line up but it looked good from memory. I feel a lot of bads due 2 years ago may now be bigger than the slots they had originally?

Yeah I did think that but think its borderline if they are too big to sub-headline. Maybe under Patti Smith? 

Fortunately we haven't got too long to wait before we find out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got a feeling we might get De La Soul...touring round the time of Bearded and in and out of the UK. Would see them fitting in nicely before Flaming Lips on the Sunday. Idles before Patti Smith and Johnny Marr before Placebo.

None of these will probably happen but FLAMING LIPS ON THE SUNDAY! What a way to end Bearded. Gonna be epic! 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

Why would you not take advantage of a lovely day camping out with friends catching up, sat around drinking cold beers 😁

If it's a lovely day, I certainly will.

That's the advantage of living 45 minutes away, can decide on the day whether to head down Wednesday evening or Thursday lunchtime.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Line up this week!

Exciting times. Wonder if the website is wrong, that has the release as 4th September but their tweet today said "in 2 days".

Normally 7pm on a Friday for any Bearded stuff so I'm thinking it will be then.

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Exciting times. Wonder if the website is wrong, that has the release as 4th September but their tweet today said "in 2 days".

and The Mahones commented with 3 hearts - so I take that as a self confirmation 🙂

51 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

and The Mahones commented with 3 hearts - so I take that as a self confirmation 🙂

Ace. 

🎶 Just give me one more night, back at Shakespeare Road
Drinking Irish whiskey, in that dirty shit hole🎵 

I only ever listen to them in the run up to Bearded but always good fun.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I thought that but just check and last year the 4th was the Friday so maybe they got the year confused.