Dodgy Album Covers

John the Moth

Won’t post the image directly on here for obvious reasons, but the black metal band Mayhem used a picture of their (now ex) singer ‘Dead’ (that’s his name), erm, dead, for one of their album covers, after one of the other members found him dead by suicide of a gunshot wound to the head and decided to take a picture of it. 

Picture here for the morbidly curious:

https://dunkelheit.fandom.com/wiki/Dawn_of_the_Black_Hearts_(Mayhem)

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just had my weekly record shop email through with the new releases on f the day and this caught my eye…

Seriously, this is next level terrible.

67B793DC-B893-4A76-B780-B5F8A85519A2.webp

That's so bad, I had to Google it to make sure you weren't taking the piss with something you'd knocked up in photoshop.

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just had my weekly record shop email through with the new releases on f the day and this caught my eye…

Seriously, this is next level terrible.

67B793DC-B893-4A76-B780-B5F8A85519A2.webp

Wonder if the final track on the album is the big reveal of why he’s hanging out with a little boy in a desolate waste land.

thats the absolute highlight of james arthur's career, as far as im concerned

just to clarify: the album cover, not the album, i havnt listened to it! *he says, sweating lightly* 

Edited by balti-pie

On 6/17/2021 at 9:15 AM, FloorFiller said:

Won’t post the image directly on here for obvious reasons, but the black metal band Mayhem used a picture of their (now ex) singer ‘Dead’ (that’s his name), erm, dead, for one of their album covers, after one of the other members found him dead by suicide of a gunshot wound to the head and decided to take a picture of it. 

Picture here for the morbidly curious:

https://dunkelheit.fandom.com/wiki/Dawn_of_the_Black_Hearts_(Mayhem)

No, not looking. Too sick.

35 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

I love this album. 

I haven't heard it. When I was much younger (ie when it first came out) I used to listen to the track 'Geno' several times before going out on the town. I could barely understand a fair bit of what he was saying ( no mass internet then to look it up), but the music and power of it used to put me right in the frame of mind for painting the town red.

As they did, I also hark from Birmingham. One of my brothers mates was out shopping with his mom (1980's) when his mate saw Kevin Roland with his ripped jeans etc. So, the lad pointed him out and told his mom that the bloke's from a now famous band. His Irish mother then said something along the lines of 'Sure, if he's one of your friends, bring him back to the house and I'll repair his clothes for him'. 

Considering Megadeth's early album covers were pretty good in a cliched heavy metal kind of way, their later ones suck so bad. What teenage kid is going to want to pick this lot up at the record shop?

image.png.07831b6ba24325b21a595b80dff8b67d.png

Like Alien, yeah. But add some blur to hide how shit it is.

image.png.ffb7dada04518b11d53103e2e46ccd2d.png

I mean, I can't even work out what is meant to be happening here.

image.png.dfa66b7a2bfba6101d0316fd6f802825.png

YTS designer's first go on photoshop.

image.png.a251b00d952db9591863f6affbd96116.png

YTS designer's second go...

image.png.9618d64be00a6acba6a9c4809b7b3333.png

On 7/1/2021 at 11:29 AM, Gnomicide said:

20210701_112837.thumb.jpg.7c0d0a321fc0f05b12731189a4c19e13.jpg

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

James Arthur's shit music has destroyed the planet.

I just assumed this is a depiction of what he really hoped would happen when he switched on the Christmas lights for Manchester City Council.