Dodgy Album Covers

John the Moth

The original ‘artwork’ for The Scorpions ‘Virgin Killer’ is the most obscene (Much worse than the 11 year old Blind Faith album), I’m not going to put it up on here but if you really want to see it there are some unedited images of it online.

it’s a fully naked very young girl with a cracked glass image over part of her anatomy.

I love John Martyn to pieces, he's written some of the most affecting music I've ever heard. Absolutely desert island disc stuff. But fucking hell, he's got some absolute stinkers month his cover art, from the work-experience photoshop of 'Inside Out' to the Athena poster print of 'One World' to the  sheer all-round awfulness of Road to Ruin

John_Martyn_Inside_Out_cover.jpg.77d0b5b70f58dfcc9c5bf72f53cb8e0a.jpgjohn-martyn-one-world-Cover-Art.jpg.bc742abd36fc88fa08aef3790dff5ce6.jpgcover_453781862017_r.thumb.jpg.a404b34b685b3c43e1bb173d0589890f.jpg

12 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Philistine. 

Everything about me is a contradiction, and so is everything about everybody else. We are made out of oppositions; we live between two poles. There's a philistine and an aesthete in all of us, and a murderer and a saint. You don't reconcile the poles. You just recognize them.

Orson Welles