Newbie Advice Needed re: Travel

JanisP

We are going for the first time this year.  There are three of us (me, partner and adult son) and really can't decide what to do for the best tent/travel wise!   We are in our 50s, so getting on a bit!  We have a big tent, so I thought it would be wise to take the camping trolley to carry a lot of stuff.  My concern is, are we allowed to take that onto the Fastcat foot passenger ferry?  I've emailed them and they said as long as we can carry everything we take and not blocking any aisles, it's fine, but not sure we will be able to carry everything if it's not in the trolley (if we have to fold it down).  Has anyone taken a full up trolley on the foot passenger ferry?

The other thing that's causing a bit of a headache is the tent.  We have a big 6m x 3m tent which my partner needs as his back is shot so can't keep bending down inside a small tent (can stand up in the big one).  I did originally suggest the three smaller tent circle that people have already mentioned here, but he's really worried about it doing his back in!  We are planning to get to the camping field really early to bag a decent spot.  I thought somewhere on along the perimeter of the field would be best, so we dont' get totally surrounded by other tents?  Any advice there?  If you could choose anywhere at all to put your huge tent in an empty field, where would you put it? 😄

Thanks in advance!