BBC TV coverage happening this year?

MassiveGypsum

A few key memories from this set:

* Nile jumping out onto the stage 20 minutes before they were due to go out and yelling "are you ready to rock?" before realising that the band and the sound engineers were not. He might as well have been removed from the stage by a hook.

* Someone paid a salary by Mr Rogers to declare that there wasn't a more humble man in the whole of showbusiness than his band leader. Strong autocue by Nile Rogers vibes from that one.

* Nile having so many massive number one hits that he had to play a medley of them just to fit them in.

* The field being full to the brim, but everyone had a little space to groove and strut their stuff. Perfect crowd for the music.

Been dipping in and out rather than watching the live channel thing. Really enjoying the 90s doc narrated by Skin. Way before I got there but I was so passionate about music back then, was just really getting into it, and I remember devouring as much as I could of the Channel 4 stuff. Love a bit of nostalgia me!

Also watched the Mercury Rev Park set last night. Beautiful stuff. We saw them around the same time and it was every bit as good but looked like a different vibe again for being on the Park. 

38 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Enjoyed the BBC Glastonbury in the Nineties, forever kick myself for never going then.

Decided the performer I'd have most liked to have seen was Johnny Cash. Legend in so many ways.

I'm weirdly glad I wasn't there in 1994 (first was 95) because I definitely would have seen some forgettable indie landfill rubbish instead of seeing Johnny Cash, and later on would have massively regretted it. At least by not being there it wasn't an option 

Delighted to find Underworld from 2016 on iplayer - absolute joy of a set. The next night, deserting Adele after Skyfall, I went back to West Holts to catch the end of James Blake's set. The place where we'd been sitting before Underworld came on was under 6" of water, and I was only able to exit the arena thanks to the help of some lovely strangers hauling me out of the mud!

Have we ever seen the 2013 Rolling Stones set on iPlayer? 

It was pretty spectacular with the flaming phoenix on the Pyramid, regardless of the merits of their performance I’d have thought we’d have seen more of it as one of those “epic Glastonbury moments”. 

But I don’t remember ever seeing it, not even songs pulled out in other highlights pieces?

Wondering if there were some unique rights restrictions - either that or I’ve not been paying attention! 😂

5 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Have we ever seen the 2013 Rolling Stones set on iPlayer? 

It was pretty spectacular with the flaming phoenix on the Pyramid, regardless of the merits of their performance I’d have thought we’d have seen more of it as one of those “epic Glastonbury moments”. 

But I don’t remember ever seeing it, not even songs pulled out in other highlights pieces?

Wondering if there were some unique rights restrictions - either that or I’ve not been paying attention! 😂

Don’t think they’ve ever played the full thing - just the opening few songs and the final few songs I believe. 

19 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Watching the chvrches set from 2016. So so good

That’s one of my all time favourite sets 😍 I was struggling at that point of the evening - sick of the mud, tired and a bit over the worse for wear tipping point.

Watching Chvrches the setting sun shone out from behind the clouds and their set perked me right up - went on to have a cracking rest of the night. Magic. 

I shared this in the photos thread the other day, took one of my favourite festival photos during the set 🙂9A62C3BA-9316-4846-AF89-0D2671B43274.thumb.jpeg.024965d69b34693fb8e9673afbec4671.jpeg

• Upvote 3