BBC TV coverage happening this year?

MassiveGypsum

40 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, this Arctics set just wasn’t very good, was it? Real bang average kind of stuff. 

I enjoyed the last half an hour hugely, but remember struggling before then. I think moving a bit further back helped me, it was a bit moody where I was but I moved to a more open bit and it was brilliant 

Fluorescent adolescent onwards was one of the best runs of songs I've ever seen, it's just a shame about the rest of the gig for me 

Screenshot_20210627-003725_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I think it's a well known fact that music in 98/99 was in the doldrums, so it's not surprising that those years were hardly stellar musically. Having said that, they were my first 2 Glasto's, so I was full of the joy & wonder of the place, hence they are special years for me.

There is allways great music, in every era, even the late 90s

Edited by bamber

12 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I think it's a well known fact that music in 98/99 was in the doldrums, so it's not surprising that those years were hardly stellar musically. Having said that, they were my first 2 Glasto's, so I was full of the joy & wonder of the place, hence they are special years for me.

Might just be the BBC edit, but most of the acts featured were closely aligned to my tastes at the time. I'd probably see a few of those acts now, still (defintitely Blur), and it looked like a mad time despite the rain.

Agree on the second part, I didn't get to go until recently and now I can't think of any place I'd rather spend a week. Wonderous heaven.

Edited by Flying_Hellfish

4 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

True enough. But some era's are better than others! (Hang on, isn't that a Smiths song?)

Morrissy is my biggest disappointment 

Edited by bamber

7 minutes ago, bamber said:

It was the WH one.

There you go, sorted that for  you 😉

But!? Barry Gibb into Chic on that Sunday was '70s disco nostalgia heaven. Pretty much an identical set from Chic admittedly. I left Portishead at Other to catch the full Chic at WH. Feel like I maybe missed out there. Clash Hell with other bands also I seem to remember. Who did I miss on that BG/Chic afternoon? Not on my radar really.

8 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

But!? Barry Gibb into Chic on that Sunday was '70s disco nostalgia heaven. Pretty much an identical set from Chic admittedly. I left Portishead at Other to catch the full Chic at WH. Feel like I maybe missed out there. Clash Hell with other bands also I seem to remember. Who did I miss on that BG/Chic afternoon? Not on my radar really.

West Holts is always better than the equivalent on any other stage.

This is basic Festival Math.

Is it not?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bamber said:

West Holts is always better than the equivalent on any other stage.

This is basic Festival Math.

Is it not?

Now. That's a great question. But it doesn't really answer my question.

But, By that logic. Portishead for West Holts next is the obvious move?

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's overwhelming 

I think the bbc coverage this year with so much of the earlier years and looking back at future headliners etc has really brought it home how special the festival is and how it’s been such a huge part of my life for so many years (first went in 97).  

7 hours ago, henry bear said:

Yes, 2017. I’m probably a little biased as I find them somewhat insipid, but if you can show any footage of the crowd going for it (apart from the obligatory few people up on shoulders shots) in a significant way then I’ll eat my (one) hat.

One of the sets of the year for me. 

Opening was spine tingling. Crowd were in awe of Romy’s voice during Performance. Then the set built perfectly to Jamie’s solo stuff. 

Loud Places being the taps aff moment of the set.

7 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Oh, fuck off Sheeran you glorified busker! Time for me to call it a night.

I've really enjoyed myself, same again tomorrow?

There are plenty of acts I don't like but can see why others do. But I will never understand the appeal of Ed Sheeran. Never.