BBC TV coverage happening this year?

MassiveGypsum

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Apparently they had real trouble getting to the older stuff because everyone was much more locked down and working from home, so they had to rely on the stuff that was already digitised.

Ahh that makes sense then, I'm glad they've made sure they're mostly different acts to past year though, they've got a great variety of acts again this year too

7 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Which is more than The xx did across the way. The footage brings home the point - audience stock still, not knowing what to do.

Which performance is this (I'm not watching the "live" coverage) because the xx were absolutely phenomenal in 2017 on the Pyramid. The crowd were well into it from where I was.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

It was a lot more enjoyable in the field.

I was there… but only in body as I was absolutely trashed and remember it being just okay. Probably far better in the depths of the crowd rather than staggering around the back of the field like I found myself. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I was there… but only in body as I was absolutely trashed and remember it being just okay. Probably far better in the depths of the crowd rather than staggering around the back of the field like I found myself. 

In fairness I was utterly spannered that night, but did have a great time with them.

19 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Which performance is this (I'm not watching the "live" coverage) because the xx were absolutely phenomenal in 2017 on the Pyramid. The crowd were well into it from where I was.

Yes, 2017. I’m probably a little biased as I find them somewhat insipid, but if you can show any footage of the crowd going for it (apart from the obligatory few people up on shoulders shots) in a significant way then I’ll eat my (one) hat.

Just now, henry bear said:

Yes, 2017. I’m probably a little biased as I find them somewhat insipid, but if you can show any footage of the crowd going for it (apart from the obligatory few people up on shoulders shots) in a significant way then I’ll eat my (one) hat.

I wasn't at it but I watched the full set last year and it does kick off during Loud Places.

Such a special weekend when you look back at the memories. 

12 years ago tonight- Bruce Springsteen, my first glastonbury 

11 years ago - muse 

10 years ago- coldplay (I like them).

5 years ago - Adele 

2 years ago - the killers with Johnny Marr 

Some of the biggest artists in the world. Some of my favourite nights ever 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, it's great. I want to pop to the shop for a beer, but don't want to miss ten minutes.

I had the same dilemma today and am going to have it tomorrow as well. I am going to have to catch up with the stuff I missed going supply shopping during the coming week.

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

I'm watching the best of 2003 (I'll watch Iggy later). Jimmy Cliff - what a fucking dude. Absolutely magnificent!

One of my great unplanned flukes at The G was just bimbling into Jimmy Cliff doing Many Rivers To Cross. Made up at my luck I was.

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

The BBC have played a blinder this year - so much better than last year. This weekend has been worth the licence fee alone!

I was saying exactly the same thing last year. It's the second year running Aunty Beeb has saved this weekend from being totally depressing. Right now I would willingly sell my house...:

53 minutes ago, sedra said:

If I’d known I could have lent them my old VHS C4 coverage which I think is in the loft somewhere 😀

I have boxes of coverage I'm sure. Used to religiously tape all of the broadcasts. Intended to archive (digitalise) it but it became obvious that I didn't and never will have the time or patience.

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, this Arctics set just wasn’t very good, was it? Real bang average kind of stuff. 

Their earlier headline year was way better. They really were The Band Of The Moment at the time. '07 was it? I was singing along to everything and my vocal chords were shot for a long time afterwards.

11 minutes ago, Flying_Hellfish said:

Watching best of '98 on iplayer. 12 year old me would have loved it I reckon 😁

I think it's a well known fact that music in 98/99 was in the doldrums, so it's not surprising that those years were hardly stellar musically. Having said that, they were my first 2 Glasto's, so I was full of the joy & wonder of the place, hence they are special years for me.