BBC TV coverage happening this year?

MassiveGypsum

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Full sets are great and all, but I often lose interest quickly. Gig footage isn't the biggest feast for the eyes usually and it's easy to drift off, it's often like watching a screensaver with music. Unless it's something I really like I often wander off in terms of attention, which is why I love the highlights show every year. One track per artist, gives a better overall flavour of the festival rather than just who was headlining.

That said I'll probably just dip in and out of the coverage this year. Doesn't sound like there's much I haven't already seen, plus the football will be on and I don't really feel the same need to watch everything this year than I did last year.

Last year I missed it much more keenly, this year feels like just another fallow year. 

Yeh I agree, one big (perhaps two at a stretch) song from each major artist would do me.

Yes and I agree, with the Euros on and everyone allowed out and about more I don't think I'll watch anywhere near as much of it as I did last year.

1 minute ago, mazola said:

The best bit of the BBC coverage is the 5 minute montage at the end, always love that

We had a good thread on here of all the ones going back to 1997 at one point...was nice to see how the festival had evolved!

Would love to see the Metronomy at The Park set from a few years back pop up on there. The latest John Peel appearance was filmed in such a strange way it was more like a web cast. Assuming all the John Peel was shot like that in 2017 I think. 

Yeah, it would be cool if they did air their highlights covering a whole weekend or day like when its happening. Its night to have 3 hours of variety. The ones they did have last year from 2000 and 2011 were great. They can easily do that for lots of other years and people would eat that up. And can they actually air the actual full radiohead 97 set or is it gonna be the neutered version yet again. 

35 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

There must be a huge archive of performances with the broadcasters. Would be nice if they asked the punters, (Us!) for suggestions what to include in their schedule before they make their selection.  

i think they must be currently working out the who they put up against who on a different channel to ease the crowds at some stages ....

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

There must be a huge archive of performances with the broadcasters. Would be nice if they asked the punters, (Us!) for suggestions what to include in their schedule before they make their selection.  

I think sadly they just put on what is deemed to be the most popular to everyone whether you go to the festival or not, hence why Kylie 2019, Dolly 2014, Coldplay (take your pick on year), Radiohead 1997 get played over and over again.

I was watching the James album launch Twitch thing last night, and Tim mentioned that "a couple of weeks ago" they had played some songs "around a campfire" which we "might get to see at some point".

I wonder if they recorded something for the Glasto live stream that didn't get used or even if the BBC filmed other stuff while everything was "set up" for the programming this year?

On 6/9/2021 at 7:48 PM, Pinhead said:

Looking back at my archive footage of '97 - '98 there is loads of stuff they could digitise and upload to iPlayer that hasn't been committed. I hope someone in the production team shows a little imagination....

Is that you who uploaded all the BBC early(97-03) footage to YouTube?

6 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Is that you who uploaded all the BBC early(97-03) footage to YouTube?

Nah. I have all the Ch4 and BBC coverage from '94 onwards but as time has gone on all the uploads of the same and new coverage to u tube mean my archives now get complemented really by that service rather than as any sort of replacement for it.

There's a list of who's sets are going to be on iPlayer. Not sure if they are going to add to it or not.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/em89hn/artists/by/a-z

Al Green (1999)
Anne-Marie (2019)
Arlo Parks (2019)
Biffy Clyro (2017)
Billie Eilish (2019)
Blossoms (2017)
Bring Me The Horizon (2016)
Celeste (2019)
Charli XCX (2015)
The Chemical Brothers (2019)
Christine and the Queens (2019)
Coldplay (Live At Worthy Farm)
Disclosure (2014)
Dolly Parton (2014)
Elbow (2017)
Fela Kuti (1984)
Florence + The Machine (2015)
HAIM (Live At Worthy Farm)
Honey Dijon ft. Roisin Murphy (Live At Worthy Farm)
IDLES (Live At Worthy Farm)
James Brown (2004)
Janelle Monáe (2019)
Jeff Buckley (1995)
Jungle (2015)
Kelis (2014)
The Killers (2019)
Kylie Minogue (2019)
Lizzo (2019)
Lorde (2017)
Madness (2009)
Michael Kiwanuka (Live At Worthy Farm)
The National (2017)
Orbital (2010)
Queens of the Stone Age (2011)
R.E.M. (2003)
Radiohead (1997)
Robyn (2010)
Rudimental (2015)
Róisín Murphy (2016)
The Specials (2009)
Stormzy (2019)
Wolf Alice (Live At Worthy Farm)
The xx (2017)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Also some TV/Radio programs have been listed already.

FRIDAY
BBC 6 Music - 07:30 to 10:30 - Lauren Laverne: The Glastonbury Experience 2021
Lauren joins in with the BBC's celebration of The Glastonbury Experience 2021.
Ahead of their Glastonbury-themed Desert Island Disco, Lauren will be catching up with The Chemical Brothers who performed at the last festival in 2019.
She'll be delving into the archive to hear stories from the hidden corners of the festival site, and there’ll be a chance to hear one of her favourite interviews with astronaut Mike Massimino from 2017.
Plus, we'll hear some of your favourite stories from the site, from all-time great moments through to the rumours and secrets that the festival is famous for.

BBC Two - 21:00 to 22:00 - The Glastonbury Experience 2021
BBC Music brings you The Glastonbury Experience 2021. A musical extravaganza celebrating the spirit, the performances and the magic of Worthy Farm and Glastonbury Festival

BBC Two - 22:00 to 23:00 - Radiohead (1997)
Recording of Radiohead's 1997 set at Glastonbury's Pyramid Stage.

BBC Four - 22:00 to 22:35 - Best of Glastonbury 1998
Highlights from the 1998 Glastonbury Festival, one of the muddiest festivals on record.

BBC Four - 22:35 to 01:35 - Best of Glastonbury 1999
Highlights of 1999's sunbaked Glastonbury Festival, including performances by R.E.M., Manic Street Preachers, The Corrs, Fun Lovin' Criminals, the Beautiful South and Al Green.

SATURDAY
BBC 6 Music - 22:00 to 23:00 - The Best Gay Club On Earth
Marking what was set to be Glastonbury 2021, The Blessed Madonna’s History of The World will tell the story of Glastonbury’s infamous NYC Downlow. A staple within the Block 9 late area since 2007, NYC Downlow hosts “the cream of cutting-edge queer performance, a pansexual trans-army and motley crew of sexed-up go-go boy butchers”, with a soundtrack that celebrates underground dance music’s gay roots – disco, house music, funk and soul.

55 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Also some TV/Radio programs have been listed already.

FRIDAY
BBC 6 Music - 07:30 to 10:30 - Lauren Laverne: The Glastonbury Experience 2021
Lauren joins in with the BBC's celebration of The Glastonbury Experience 2021.
Ahead of their Glastonbury-themed Desert Island Disco, Lauren will be catching up with The Chemical Brothers who performed at the last festival in 2019.
She'll be delving into the archive to hear stories from the hidden corners of the festival site, and there’ll be a chance to hear one of her favourite interviews with astronaut Mike Massimino from 2017.
Plus, we'll hear some of your favourite stories from the site, from all-time great moments through to the rumours and secrets that the festival is famous for.

BBC Two - 21:00 to 22:00 - The Glastonbury Experience 2021
BBC Music brings you The Glastonbury Experience 2021. A musical extravaganza celebrating the spirit, the performances and the magic of Worthy Farm and Glastonbury Festival

BBC Two - 22:00 to 23:00 - Radiohead (1997)
Recording of Radiohead's 1997 set at Glastonbury's Pyramid Stage.

BBC Four - 22:00 to 22:35 - Best of Glastonbury 1998
Highlights from the 1998 Glastonbury Festival, one of the muddiest festivals on record.

BBC Four - 22:35 to 01:35 - Best of Glastonbury 1999
Highlights of 1999's sunbaked Glastonbury Festival, including performances by R.E.M., Manic Street Preachers, The Corrs, Fun Lovin' Criminals, the Beautiful South and Al Green.

SATURDAY
BBC 6 Music - 22:00 to 23:00 - The Best Gay Club On Earth
Marking what was set to be Glastonbury 2021, The Blessed Madonna’s History of The World will tell the story of Glastonbury’s infamous NYC Downlow. A staple within the Block 9 late area since 2007, NYC Downlow hosts “the cream of cutting-edge queer performance, a pansexual trans-army and motley crew of sexed-up go-go boy butchers”, with a soundtrack that celebrates underground dance music’s gay roots – disco, house music, funk and soul.

Looking forward to the TV stuff more than the iPlayer sets. Nothing much there that interests me, hasn't been shown many times before or I haven't already downloaded.

Best of 98 and 99 should be good.