BBC TV coverage happening this year?

MassiveGypsum

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

Have we ever seen the 2013 Rolling Stones set on iPlayer? 

It was pretty spectacular with the flaming phoenix on the Pyramid, regardless of the merits of their performance I’d have thought we’d have seen more of it as one of those “epic Glastonbury moments”. 

But I don’t remember ever seeing it, not even songs pulled out in other highlights pieces?

Wondering if there were some unique rights restrictions - either that or I’ve not been paying attention! 😂

Not on iPlayer but this seems to be complete and of fairly decent quality (even if they’ve got the year wrong on the title)…

Whoever put “When Dance Music Came To Glastonbury” together must have run out of footage.

Begins with behemoths such as Chems, Prodigy and Faithless.

Then 90s legends such as Roni Size and Underworld.

Before finishing up with.... erm..... Chicane and a hologram of Bryan Adams. 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Whoever put “When Dance Music Came To Glastonbury” together must have run out of footage.

The 21st century saw a dramatic increase in the number of dance performances, but few new acts on the main stages. Even if you count the SE corner as a single area (which is debatable), then Glastonbury currently has three distinct areas + Arcadia dedicated to dance music, none of which is in the Beeb archive sadly.

Been really enjoying my Glasthomebury. Currently watching Glastonbury in the 21st Century. Loved the Pet Shop Boys 'surprise set' earlier today from 2010. What a great stage show they had!

IMG_20210627_145925379~3.jpg

3 hours ago, jimmillen said:

Have we ever seen the 2013 Rolling Stones set on iPlayer? 

It was pretty spectacular with the flaming phoenix on the Pyramid, regardless of the merits of their performance I’d have thought we’d have seen more of it as one of those “epic Glastonbury moments”. 

But I don’t remember ever seeing it, not even songs pulled out in other highlights pieces?

Wondering if there were some unique rights restrictions - either that or I’ve not been paying attention! 😂

On the night the BBC footage began with Miss You, they showed the rest of the set from that point on.

But someone leaked the entire set meaning if crops up on YouTube....

1 hour ago, MoilyX said:

Not on iPlayer but this seems to be complete and of fairly decent quality (even if they’ve got the year wrong on the title)…

... and can be found for download elsewhere.

1 minute ago, westholtschic said:

Snap. Fantastic set , was at Muse 

And as I type... they're on the live feed.

I wandered between Muse and PSB and then back to Muse again in '10.

Thought the shown PSB set was from another year.

I may have lost the plot a bit this weekend. As is traditional.

54 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Watching this now - I didn't go to Glastonbury in the 90s I was more an underground clubber than a field dancer back then - but man the 90s had some absolute beasts of tracks!

55 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The 21st century saw a dramatic increase in the number of dance performances, but few new acts on the main stages. Even if you count the SE corner as a single area (which is debatable), then Glastonbury currently has three distinct areas + Arcadia dedicated to dance music, none of which is in the Beeb archive sadly.

I think I may need to concede a point I made in the Controversial Music Opinion thread about Chems new stuff being better than their older stuff - that late 90s set must've been off the chain.  I still stand by my Underworld Born Slippy being overplayed & milked but their late 90s Born Slippy (that is on this doc) also looks off the scale!

In conclusion: I miss the 90s 😅 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Surprised they didnt add in Moby since he headlined in 03 and is a dance music artist. 

20 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I fucking hate the supposed flash mob security dances.

Yes - to be fair it was a fun surprise the first time it happened (Dolly?), but since then it just feels entirely contrived.