BBC TV coverage happening this year?

MassiveGypsum

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Have to say I really don’t get that vibe so much at Glastonbury compared to other gigs and festivals. Always seems one of the most engaged and active crowds to me.

I went to the front for Liam Gallagher in 2019...was dead...me and a couple of others tried to get some dancing going no one else near us seemed interested! 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I was there in 98, and we were out of there by Saturday morning.

No way, cos of the weather? Looked insane. 

Not that there's fuck all I can do about it, but I'm so gutted I didn't go earlier than my 2011 debut. It's such an important part of my life and I've immersed myself in endless online footage like I was there. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Even if there's no mobile signal I'm not going to jump up and down on the spot for an hour while I watch the Lightning Seeds.

I was bouncing up & down at the other stage to Asian Dub Foundation while that was going on. Still by far the worst weather I've ever seen at a festival!

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My take - and I've said this before - is that bouncing up and down on the spot at any gig was a 1990s trend.

Nothing to do with mobile phones.  It didn't happen in the 60s  70s or much in the 80s. 

I only started doing festivals in 1999 and have got involved in a lot of pogoing in my early days especially at Reading Festival.

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I went to the front for Liam Gallagher in 2019...was dead...me and a couple of others tried to get some dancing going no one else near us seemed interested! 

Behind you it was all smoke flares and nutters mate. I kind of remember it being this way when I just used to just squat at the barrier all day at Puramid back in early 90s. You kind of become insulated over whats going behind?

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Literally just been on BBC4. Ian Broudie doing his thing and the front third of the crowd doing HIIT for no fucking reason.

Thing is live he was always terribly out of tune iirc, which often became embarrassing- better off as a producer, Dodgy and the like..