BBC TV coverage happening this year?

MassiveGypsum

25 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

They're all on now & for another 25 days. 

Saw the existimg stuff had an 'age' of 25 days or so but wasnt sure about the terrestrial broadcasts and whether tjey are put up - BBC have a habit of severely limiting the availability of coverage over the weekend sometimes.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Interesting to note the amount of crowd interaction/dancing/pogoing even for Robbie Williams in 1998.

doesn’t happen much anymore I’ve noticed - mostly people stood filming on their phones at the front these days.

Yep. Take down those data relay masts and it would be a different story I reckon even today...

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Interesting to note the amount of crowd interaction/dancing/pogoing even for Robbie Williams in 1998.

doesn’t happen much anymore I’ve noticed - mostly people stood filming on their phones at the front these days.

I always thought this. Used to go to V where the whole crowd was dancing to every act then went to G in 2007 and everyone was stood still!

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Have to say I really don’t get that vibe so much at Glastonbury compared to other gigs and festivals. Always seems one of the most engaged and active crowds to me.

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

My take - and I've said this before - is that bouncing up and down on the spot at any gig was a 1990s trend.

Nothing to do with mobile phones.  It didn't happen in the 60s  70s or much in the 80s.