BBC TV coverage happening this year?

MassiveGypsum

47 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Goldfinger is a decent song....but yeesh.

Not Pyramid headliner vibes.

Tbf to Ash, I'm pretty sure they weren't originally supposed to headline, but whoever was fucked off due to the weather and Ash got the call up on the grounds they were still there and available.

All those scenes of 1998 mud bringing back memories of standing in torrential rain watching England play in the World Cup against Columbia when David Beckham scored from a free kick. It was in what was the old outdoor cinema field where John Peel is now? 
We walked round soggily to see Catatonia and then Embrace, but we were so cold and wet we decided to go back to the tent to get dried off and warm after Catatonia and go to bed 🙄

34 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Anyone know of a decent "youtube" downloader - want to grab the U2 set from 2011 as I lost it when VM swapped my broken Tivo box.

And there's sod all chance of the beeb putting it up on iplayer

“4k video downloader” works really well. If you just get a free version it gives you 30 downloads before forcing you to upgrade. But you can uninstall and reinstall and it starts over again. difficult to get a cracked version to worl on a newer machine since anti virus detects the patch as malware.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Depressing that Stereophonics are probably most classy band of the last half hour of so.

Had that exact thought.

I know this Oasis set is heavily derided, but Christ that crowd looks fucking massive. For anyone that was there, was it as big as it looks? Always seems like the biggest crowd at the Pyramid from the tv footage.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Had that exact thought.

I know this Oasis set is heavily derided, but Christ that crowd looks fucking massive. For anyone that was there, was it as big as it looks? Always seems like the biggest crowd at the Pyramid from the tv footage.

Was weird for me, since it was my first post-fence headliner, so I was surprised at how small it was, I expected to get crushed, but didn't.

But yeah, it was a decent crowd.  And Zac Starkey was good, even if the rest of the band looked like they didn't want to be there.

47 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Telling that most of this footage is from the NME / Other stage.

Also that as it goes on, we're seeing the same bands returning in bigger slots, with worse songs! 😄

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Was weird for me, since it was my first post-fence headliner, so I was surprised at how small it was, I expected to get crushed, but didn't.

But yeah, it was a decent crowd.  And Zac Starkey was good, even if the rest of the band looked like they didn't want to be there.

Having seen Noel a few times solo, Don’t Look Back was miles better from those shows than that 2004 clip.