BBC TV coverage happening this year?

MassiveGypsum

47 minutes ago, Homer said:

Try and watch some of the iPlayer sets with your mates you go to festivals with, reminisce and have some beers. Me and my mate did it last year and had a great time. I'm driving up to Norfolk on Friday to do it again and another friend is joining us too.

Aah don't worry, I have it covered. A full Fake Glasto in the garden. Weather permitting!!

For those downloading sets from iPlayer, it's worth checking out the sets from the last 15 years or so even if you already have them as several are now available as 50fps, where they were 25fps before.

Edited by MoilyX

6 hours ago, Homer said:

Oh for the optimism of the mid-90s. The youngsters losing their shit to Good Enough by Dodgy on the Other.

Just watched the 1995 one- massive reaction for Staying out for the summer! 

Now  watching their 1997 performance - they all look completely different! 

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Just watched the 1995 one- massive reaction for Staying out for the summer! 

Now  watching their 1997 performance - they all look completely different! 

Yeah, noticed that too! Also when he tries to song all of two lines from Good Vibrations and still manages to get the lyrics wrong.

I sadly had to turn off for the footie as soon as Ocean colour Scene appeared.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Yeah, noticed that too! Also when he tries to song all of two lines from Good Vibrations and still manages to get the lyrics wrong.

I sadly had to turn off for the footie as soon as Ocean colour Scene appeared.

That Beach Boys type stuff only has a limited shelf life hence why they sank without a trace shortly after!

I’m watching it now...just got to OCS 😎

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

The bripop download / footage looks remastered - can't remember seeing it that 'clean'; free of artifacts and pixels.

I watched the BBC footage on YouTube from 1998 a while back and Embrace were a lot more pixelated than they are on this iPlayer version! 

10 hours ago, Homer said:

I could always try and recreate the barney we had when I suggested we leave Travis halfway through - but if I was going to ring my ex-wife up for an argument, there are probably bigger fish to fry TBF.

This is why I’m glad my girlfriend doesn’t do festivals! 

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Just looked and my version of get_iPlayer is out of date

I havent updated mine in a while but sometimes feel if the version youre on personally can just be good if it keeps working. Like torrent programs are that way sometimes cause you dont want to add in new things you might not need. I have a decent amount of 403’s happening but im on a vpn getting stuff so its pretty normal for that to occur.

11 hours ago, Homer said:

I could always try and recreate the barney we had when I suggested we leave Travis halfway through - but if I was going to ring my ex-wife up for an argument, there are probably bigger fish to fry TBF.

My gf prob wouldve not noticed if I had left her at Travis. Likely been upset I ditched her but been fine she got to see the whole set regardless lol. Then again we’re gonna have a big discussion over that stuff for next year because she is going to make it a point to see all her fave brit bands in england cause likely never have another chance to do it. 

Edited by Suprefan

3 hours ago, swede said:

Watched Idles from 2019 last night - unbelievable energy, never knew Joe Talbot burst into tears as they walked on stage, so much emotion in that set 

It was a fantastic set.  Everyone in the crowd was in tears when his wife and daughter came on and embraced him. My highlight of 2019 by a long way.