BBC TV coverage happening this year?

MassiveGypsum

28 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Arcade Fire from 2007!! One of my all time favourite shows!

I'd go along with that. Watched it back soooo many times too.

Not sure who listed Goldfrapp 2017 as 'chill'. They played wall-to-wall upfront disco type bangers. It was fucking great.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 11:02 AM, Dukeicon said:

Clashfinder updated with Saturday & Sunday shows.
V&A Pastoral Concerts added.

Let me know if i've missed anything!

https://clashfinder.com/s/g2021

Great work! Can you please add in the Euros quarter finals and the 2020 cricket match on Sat (am meeting up with fellow Glasto veteran mates to watch it all together - should be fun!).

Watching a bit of James Brown from 2004. I was there that day and have long maintained that it was one of the worst sets I’ve ever seen.

Thought I’d rewatch to see if my memory was playing tricks and whether time had exaggerated how bad it was….

Nah, it’s bloody awful! Fucker only sings for about five minutes in the entire set! 

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

Haven't seen it in decent quality since watching it on thw television 10 years ago, after this I'll probably check out Jungle in 2015.

Is Beyonce on the iPlayer?

I want to recreate the authentic 2011 experience by turning her off halfway through when Mrs J is enjoying it and sticking QOTSA on instead...

The we can recreate the argument afterwards.... 

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

Will the scheduled BBC 2 and BBC 4 stuff be up on iPlayer afterwards or just for broadcast I wonder...

Probably go up afterwards I'd say.

Are the Beeb doing another "lineup" where they just slap all their sets on a dedicated stream back to back? Love having that on in the background.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I want to recreate the authentic 2011 experience by turning her off halfway through when Mrs J is enjoying it and sticking QOTSA on instead...

Hahah, well let's hope so. 

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I could always try and recreate the barney we had when I suggested we leave Travis halfway through - but if I was going to ring my ex-wife up for an argument, there are probably bigger fish to fry TBF.

I just chucked Madness on for 10 mins during my lunch break and am apparently now watching the whole thing.

Feels a bit cheerier now I'm not standing in mud watching it. Plus I didn't stay up until 6am last night dancing to drum and bass for some reason.

Speaking of which, Suggs tells a story on Quickly Kevin podcast about staying up all night and being off his head to the extent that the band were taking bets whether he would make it on stage. He di and he said it is on YouTube (he's wearing a wig in it apparently).

Ay up kids... long time listener here. Hope you are all well. Ive been dipping in and out recently. Nice to see the regulars are still here.

Im off work for the next 10 days from tomorrow because I was supposed to be going on my holidays (Im sure you know where)

QOTSA 2011 on Iplayer?! Oh yes oh yes!

Hope everyone is well. 

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ay up kids... long time listener here. Hope you are all well. Ive been dipping in and out recently. Nice to see the regulars are still here.

Im off work for the next 10 days from tomorrow because I was supposed to be going on my holidays (Im sure you know where)

Hope everyone is well. 

Fuzz!!!! We've been worrying about you!

And yes, very excited about QOTSA. They're on the schedule for our Fake Glasto 🙂

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Hope everyone is well. 

Fantastic to see the return of a familiar name … welcome back to 2022 build up … 

26 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Fuzz!!!! We've been worrying about you!

And yes, very excited about QOTSA. They're on the schedule for our Fake Glasto 🙂

Thanks for the concern, honestly I am fine. Like everyone else I've had some downs over the last 14/15 months, but I have been ok. I think the worry of being on my own through lockdown etc was a lot worse than the reality. Ive managed to work a lot too.

I havn't booked any gigs etc because, tbh I'd rather not get my hopes up. The BBC sets will do for me this week!

@Sasperella - Hope you are well, glad to see you are still on here

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

Did Josh Homme get cancelled in the end then or was it all deemed to be alright? 

I think the concensus is, he's a bit of a dick - rather than to cancel him

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Watching a bit of James Brown from 2004. I was there that day and have long maintained that it was one of the worst sets I’ve ever seen.

Thought I’d rewatch to see if my memory was playing tricks and whether time had exaggerated how bad it was….

Nah, it’s bloody awful! Fucker only sings for about five minutes in the entire set! 

Now my memories of this were that I loved it.  I also know that I will have been a couple of 2 litre bottles of Brother's in by this point.  Therefore I'm not going to rewatch it and ruin the memory, no matter how incorrect it might be!

Can highly recommend Madness as a nice, fun intro to it all. A bit like watching them in the afternoon at the festival I guess. Greatest hits and a good stage invasion at the end.

Straight into the Britpop compilation. Kicks off with Babies from 95. Just spotted Merchant in the crowd.

Never noticed before but there's something very Vic Reeves about Jarvis' leg kicks at the end. I suppose it was the 90s.

Edited by Homer

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The dancing girls was abysmal. He was in rag order to be fair. Deaths door. Hes still the funky GOAT

34 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Thanks for the concern, honestly I am fine. Like everyone else I've had some downs over the last 14/15 months, but I have been ok. I think the worry of being on my own through lockdown etc was a lot worse than the reality. Ive managed to work a lot too.

I havn't booked any gigs etc because, tbh I'd rather not get my hopes up. The BBC sets will do for me this week!

@Sasperella - Hope you are well, glad to see you are still on here

I'm all good thanks 🙂 I've been dipping in and out over the past few months, but with some festivals announcing recently, that's been on the increase. And obvs now it's Glasto week, I need somewhere to vent - no one else understands my desire to get excited about a festival that isn't even on!

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I'm all good thanks 🙂 I've been dipping in and out over the past few months, but with some festivals announcing recently, that's been on the increase. And obvs now it's Glasto week, I need somewhere to vent - no one else understands my desire to get excited about a festival that isn't even on!

Try and watch some of the iPlayer sets with your mates you go to festivals with, reminisce and have some beers. Me and my mate did it last year and had a great time. I'm driving up to Norfolk on Friday to do it again and another friend is joining us too.