BBC TV coverage happening this year?

MassiveGypsum

I remember watching QOTSA on TV at the time and thinking it was brilliant, looking forward to seeing that one again. I don’t think I’ve seen anything from The National’s set since the festival so I’m quite intrigued to see how that looks, I think it might seem better in hindsight. 

9 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I remember watching QOTSA on TV at the time and thinking it was brilliant, looking forward to seeing that one again. I don’t think I’ve seen anything from The National’s set since the festival so I’m quite intrigued to see how that looks, I think it might seem better in hindsight. 

Similarly I remember Zane Lowe playing the whole set in full on his Radio 1 show. I'd never really listened to QotSA before, but after hearing that promised myself I'd see them the next time they played Glasgow (had to wait quite a few years, but they didn't disappoint when I finally got to see them).

They are currently looking in danger in the hurt/heal game if anyone wants to vote for them

16 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wonder if they’re doing 90’s on Friday, 00’s on Sat and then 10’s Sunday.

Each day of programming will focus on a different theme at Glastonbury - the 1990s (Friday), the 21st century (Saturday) and Legends (Sunday)

Radio Times archive states that the 1998 highlights special they are repeating is this one:

Glastonbury 98

Highlights from the summer festival that was one of the muddiest on record, but which included stirling performances from artists of the calibre of Robbie Williams, Tony Bennett , Blur, Pulp, Catatonia, Embrace, Underworld, Portishead,
Spiritualized, Gomez, Bernard Butler and Bob Dylan.

and the 1999 one:

Glastonbury 99

For once, the annual rock and pop festival held during the summer at Worthy Farm, in Pilton, Somerset, enjoyed favourable weather conditions. Highlights of the plethora of acts playing last June in the sun-baked setting include American giants REM and Welsh figureheads Manic Street Preachers, plus other performances from the Corrs, Fun Lovin' Criminals, the Beautiful South, and Al Green.

Ah 1999 the year that the Manics brought their own portable toilet to the festival, which bore a sign saying: "These facilities are reserved exclusively for the Manic Street Preachers." Billy Bragg berated the band for their prissiness, but Nicky Wire retaliated later that summer when the band played T In The Park. Dedicating Tsunami to Bragg, he shouted: "I wouldn't want his dick pissing all over my toilet for all the money in the fucking world. Get back to the army, you dickhead. And stop stealing Woody Guthrie's songs." Toiletgate….. Wasn’t it all such a simpler time 

7 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

Ah 1999 the year that the Manics brought their own portable toilet to the festival, which bore a sign saying: "These facilities are reserved exclusively for the Manic Street Preachers." Billy Bragg berated the band for their prissiness, but Nicky Wire retaliated later that summer when the band played T In The Park. Dedicating Tsunami to Bragg, he shouted: "I wouldn't want his dick pissing all over my toilet for all the money in the fucking world. Get back to the army, you dickhead. And stop stealing Woody Guthrie's songs." Toiletgate….. Wasn’t it all such a simpler time 

My favourite bit of the Glastonbury film is when Joe Strummer is running around outside the Manics toilet, holding his groin, pretending to be desperate for a piss - very funny! God bless St Joe.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

My favourite bit of the Glastonbury film is when Joe Strummer is running around outside the Manics toilet, holding his groin, pretending to be desperate for a piss - very funny! God bless St Joe.

Haha, I love that bit too… I’ve often wondered if Joe doing that hurt the Manics a little considering the huge Clash acolytes they are. Then again at the time Wire was giving as good has he got on numerous subjects 😂😂

And yes, I still miss Joe everyday in the words of the Hold Steady our only decent teacher 

Saturday and Sunday now up.

Saturday 

BBC2
21: 00 Glastonbury in the 21st Century
Glastonbury Festival has become a global story, changing with the times embracing new music. Dizzee Rascal voices this musical journey through all things Worthy Farm in the 21st century.

22:00 Kylie 2019
Lauren Laverne and Clara Amfo introduce an epic hit-filled set from evergreen pop royalty Kylie Minogue.

23:00 Arctic Monkeys
Arctic Monkeys at Glastonbury 2013

BBC Four
21:00 Best of Glastonbury 2003

Highlights of the standout performances from the 2003 Glastonbury Festival

22:00 Iggy and the Stooges at Glastonbury 2007
Iggy and the Stooges' legendary performance on the Other Stage at 2007's Glastonbury, which took audience participation at the festival to another level.

23:00 Best of Glastonbury 2017
Jo Whiley and Mark Radcliffe introduce highlights from the 2017 Glastonbury Festival at Worthy Farm in Somerset, including a reminder of some of the big performances, stories and moments from the weekend's events.

Sunday

BBC2 

19:30 Legends of Glastonbury

Lauren Laverne introduces from the archive some of the most memorable performances from the legendary artists who have played Glastonbury Festival over the years.

20:00 Live at Worthy Farm: Backstage
Presented by Jo Whiley, this exclusive behind-the-scenes documentary follows director Paul Dugdale and the team as they put together the spectacular event, Live at Worthy Farm.

21:00 Live at Worthy Farm: Highlights
Highlights of Live at Worthy Farm, including performances from Coldplay, Damon Albarn, PJ Harvey, Kae Tempest, Haim, Idles, Jorja Smith and Kano.

BBC4

22:00 Fela Kuti at Glastonbury 1984
Afrobeat pioneer Fela Kuti performs at the 1984 Glastonbury Festival.

23:00 I Am A Mutoid. A Glastonbury Hero.

The extraordinary journey of Joe Rush, Glastonbury’s 'waste alchemist' artist and the Mutoid Waste Company, his underground travelling collective of wild and subversive artists.

Edited by Gnomicide
Bolding
  • Upvote 1

So, will these be available on demand too? Or only at the alloted time? 

We've been testing a projector in a communal garden for the football. Partly in prep for Englandv Scotland, but mostly for Fake Glastonbury. Iggy will go down will at 10 but it would be awesome to squeeze QOTSA in before ..