NOS Primavera Sound 2022

antoniopinho

5 minutes ago, young_contra said:

How much was the attendance, in the previous years?

In 2018 , that it was the last NPS with a sold out day,  they were expecting 30 thousand in the sold out day .  So they are expecting +5 thousand people this year

7 minutes ago, Pongolesi said:

I can't find it, can you share it here?

edit: nevermind 🙂

284945907_971709563499514_8727511367879869574_n.jpg

Based on this, they took out an entire food place (where now Cupra is going to be) and they didn't change it to anywhere else.  and they are expecting more people that any other edition.  Are they out of their minds? lol It will be impossible to eat in the rush hours of the festival 

2 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Based on this, they took out an entire food place (where now Cupra is going to be) and they didn't change it to anywhere else.  and they are expecting more people that any other edition.  Are they out of their minds? lol It will be impossible to eat in the rush hours of the festival 

changed it to where cupra was last edition. the entrance also changed place

I believe this one is of better quality.

After some thinking, I'm less skeptical about Cupra's placement.

Regarding the amount of atendees, +5k people may not be that much of a big deal if the bar situation is taken care of (never really had a problem myself tbf, but I've never went to one during an act, so that might have an influence).  The restaurant area miiiight be a bit of a trouble... But we'll see. I run on Kebabs and Chips for almost the entirety of the festival, so I might not be hit that much by bigger crowds.

Despite still being annoyed with NC and BM clash, I must now state: let the hype begin!!!

image.thumb.png.88709e6266b2186b0128f64896c19261.png

Edited by young_contra

Incredibly stressful start to the festival.  I was meant to fly from Gatwick to Porto this afternoon but the flight has been cancelled. Got myself on to a new later flight but will have to go straight to the festival from the airport with my luggage

Anybody know what the cloak room is like? Will they take a small suitcase? 

14 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Tell me more? Is it front of stage.

Would be funny if Porto gained one while Barca lost theirs.

I just passed by to check how everything is, and almost half of the top right side was barred. I cant tell if it is a temporary thing or of it really is a vip thing. I really hope it is the former

3 hours ago, bananaa52 said:

great job in terms of the layout and the new areas of the festival.

I was at Kim Gordon but the sound was fucking terrible... and the sound at Nick Cave wasn't the best either.

On the other hand, Carolina Polachek was amazing, and the sound quality was perfect!

I was watching Kim Gordon, and gave up due  to the very poor sound .  And then when i was going for the main stage for Nick Cave, happened to notice that something strange happened to Sky Ferreira.  I know she was late for her gig 20 minutes, and  due to the strict schedules of Primavera, of course when the supposed time end, she was «expelled» from stage.  However some friends of mine that were close to the stage, told me that she looked completely drugged....

3 hours ago, Tigane said:

I was watching Kim Gordon, and gave up due  to the very poor sound .  And then when i was going for the main stage for Nick Cave, happened to notice that something strange happened to Sky Ferreira.  I know she was late for her gig 20 minutes, and  due to the strict schedules of Primavera, of course when the supposed time end, she was «expelled» from stage.  However some friends of mine that were close to the stage, told me that she looked completely drugged....

My first impressions are sorta mixed. I really hate the Cupra stage. I feel like I have to walk way too much and there's not enough time between sets (NOS and Cupra), which demands me to lose part of whoever I'm watching. I'd very much prefer if Cupra was located where the Seat stage was. 

I also think that it's too packed. I couldn't find a good spot for Tame Impala (for the reasons mentioned above, too) because everyone decided to be bellends and block my passage, as if they'd see any less of the show.

Mixed feelings. Black Midi and Cigarettes were my favorite acts, but I'm too biased towards them. Looking forward to Slowdive today

8 hours ago, young_contra said:

My first impressions are sorta mixed. I really hate the Cupra stage. I feel like I have to walk way too much and there's not enough time between sets (NOS and Cupra), which demands me to lose part of whoever I'm watching. I'd very much prefer if Cupra was located where the Seat stage was. 

Seriously? It's 50 metres to the left .. you must be a slow walker 😁

Given comments on sound I'm pleased I didn't give up my front row position after Stella to see Kim Gordon.

Certainly busy but the organisation is as fantastic as ever given the challenges. Every year I vow to try somewhere different for the next, but find myself straight on the early bird tickets .. I reckon this year will be the same.

That VIP area is pants though.

On 6/10/2022 at 8:02 PM, Suggestives said:

Seriously? It's 50 metres to the left .. you must be a slow walker 😁

Given comments on sound I'm pleased I didn't give up my front row position after Stella to see Kim Gordon.

Certainly busy but the organisation is as fantastic as ever given the challenges. Every year I vow to try somewhere different for the next, but find myself straight on the early bird tickets .. I reckon this year will be the same.

That VIP area is pants though.

Well, I admit I'm not the fastest walker hahaha, but I've realized that my issue is not the distance itself, but the lack of time between sets.

Now, that said lack of time is only an issue due to how hard it is to get a decent spot for the night acts, unless you purposely miss on the last songs of whoever you're watching on Cupra.

Perhaps these last two years have made me less of an enjoyer of outdoor activities, but I feel bittersweet towards this edition.

First off, it felt amazing to be back on this festival. It truly did. But it only did for a short amount of time.

I think this festival has been oversold. There's just too many people on the main stage. Either that or everyone is a dumbass who won't let you pass through (and I don't mean to the front, I merely mean to the middle of the field). Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that I should resign myself to watching a show all the way from the top of the hill, under the possibly unlucky circumstances that I might be behind someone taller than me. Please, if anyone had visibility / spot issues, please share.

Regarding the VIP area - complete bullshit. What a waste. Why is it even a thing. They decide to sell more tickets and reduce the amount of public space available? That's just wrong. 

Black Midi, Rina, Grimes DJ Set were my favorites. Main stage never had any wow moment for me (Gorillaz did, for the worst possible reasons lol)