NOS Primavera Sound 2022

antoniopinho

It's really odd how they said they'd do all they could to retain as much of the original line up, and Tyler is playing both weekends in Barcelona and not Porto. I thought he could have been added to the last day but that doesn't seem likely now. 

I think the bits stage will be made up of most of the acts on the last line, quite a few of those are DJ's 

• 2 weeks later...

If this is incomplete and remembering 2019 edition, I think the first day is full and probably we can expect 5 more names for the second day and 3 for the third (20+25+25 like 2019). 

I don't know if we can expect one more headliner for the last day, but If so, Tyler and Lorde (one of them) are my bets.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 11:38 PM, joaommaia said:

If this is incomplete and remembering 2019 edition, I think the first day is full and probably we can expect 5 more names for the second day and 3 for the third (20+25+25 like 2019). 

I don't know if we can expect one more headliner for the last day, but If so, Tyler and Lorde (one of them) are my bets.

Again Tyler? Again Lorde?   ..with Nick Cave (who I absolutely love as 2022 headliner) that would be a Nos Primavera Sound 2018 flashback...

Among Primavera Sound barca headliners I would pick out the Strokes to join Gorillaz on the last day....let's move on and see something new, come on 😉🤘🔥

Edited by -lele-

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 3:37 PM, -lele- said:

Again Tyler? Again Lorde?   ..with Nick Cave (who I absolutely love as 2022 headliner) that would be a Nos Primavera Sound 2018 flashback...

Among Primavera Sound barca headliners I would pick out the Strokes to join Gorillaz on the last day....let's move on and see something new, come on 😉🤘🔥

Tyler was on the original line-up. The Strokes will play NOS Alive, so they surely won't play NPS.

• 9 months later...
8 hours ago, young_contra said:

This might be way off, but judging how the lineup isn't that bombastic and yet it managed to sell out two days, I think we'll be fine. 

Yeah, I hope not. About the selling out thing quickly, Barcelona sold out immediately as well is my only concern. BUT you are absolutely right about the line up. It went from Tyler, Bad Bunny, Dua Lipa etc to Nick Cave, Interpol etc. Not really a rager.

My favourite thing about Porto festival (and it's my favourite festival in the world) is how chilled out it is. Like families hanging out chilled out. Would be awful if they changed that. I have no idea what they are doing at Barcelona, it seems like a genuine mess.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

Yeah, I hope not. About the selling out thing quickly, Barcelona sold out immediately as well is my only concern. BUT you are absolutely right about the line up. It went from Tyler, Bad Bunny, Dua Lipa etc to Nick Cave, Interpol etc. Not really a rager.

My favourite thing about Porto festival (and it's my favourite festival in the world) is how chilled out it is. Like families hanging out chilled out. Would be awful if they changed that. I have no idea what they are doing at Barcelona, it seems like a genuine mess.

I think there was a year in particular where I felt like it was more crowded than usual, but even then it really wasn't that much of a bother since I guess you'd always easily notice when the festival lets in more people. 

But yeah, the main thing about NPS is that you feel like you can "breathe". There are open spaces, there's no rush, there's no crowds, there's no lines (besides maybe for beers and food, but that's Music Festivals 101 for you). It would be a shame for that to disappear this year and I'm positive that the organization of this festival isn't as... careless as Barcelona's.

5 hours ago, young_contra said:

I think there was a year in particular where I felt like it was more crowded than usual, but even then it really wasn't that much of a bother since I guess you'd always easily notice when the festival lets in more people. 

But yeah, the main thing about NPS is that you feel like you can "breathe". There are open spaces, there's no rush, there's no crowds, there's no lines (besides maybe for beers and food, but that's Music Festivals 101 for you). It would be a shame for that to disappear this year and I'm positive that the organization of this festival isn't as... careless as Barcelona's.

One of the portuguese directors of the festival, warned on his social media that this year's edition will be more crowded ever 

17 minutes ago, Tigane said:

One of the portuguese directors of the festival, warned on his social media that this year's edition will be more crowded ever 

urgh. why. why mess with something that works. why risk the chance of it not going as well as it always did, which in turn hurts future attendances? 

6 minutes ago, Tigane said:

it is in portuguese,  but it is a warning to come early to trade the tictets for wristbands the day before,  since it is the most crowded edition ever 

Nenhuma descrição disponível.

Thanks, all good, I live in Portugal so I can understand it. I hope this isn't going to be what I fear, it's the thing I love about the Porto edition. The idea of going through any of the bullshit that people at the Barcelona one are going through will be so depressing

Yeah I hope that chatter is more of a promotion of those silly NFTs than an actual warning of sorts. 

I may be naive, but I also find it odd that they go out of their way to tell us that there'll be huge lines. Isn't that your job, to manage your festival in a way that those lines aren't even a thing?