Coachella 2022

birchtree29

Coachella returns April 15-17 & 22-24, 2022. Register now to access the 2022 advance sale beginning Friday, June 4 at 10am PT. 

https://prereg.coachella.com/

General Admission

Tier 1 - $449 + fees

Tier 2 - $474 + fees

Tier 3 - $499 + fees

VIP

Tier 1 - $929 + fees

Tier 2 - $999 + fees

Tier 3 - $1049 + fees

https://coachella.com/passes

Coachella started selling international passes & packages from Festicket as well.

https://www.festicket.com/eventgenius/coachella2022/shop/25992/

• 6 months later...

Line-up is usually announced this week but there is a delay due to all of the headliners cancellations. Reddit Coachella is in chaos right now. 

2020 Headliners

Frank Ocean-delayed to 2023

Travis Scott-dropped by Goldenvoice after Astroworld

Rage Against the Machine-rumored to cancel their whole tour

2022 Headliner Rumors

-Swedish House Mafia-tweeted by Coachella but not announced as a headliner yet

-Billie Eilish-heavily rumoured by several people in the industry even though she has 3 Los Angeles dates in April.

Edited by birchtree29

10 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Literally one of the biggest pop acts and one of the biggest hiphop acts on the planet. Styles seems a bit off but apparently his arena tour is selling like crazy in the US. 

As said on another thread, I saw photos of sell out shows from people in the States I follow on Instagram that went. So it's a sign he's clearly at the level that this is a booking they could pull off.

Coachella kinda stopped gravitating towards my tastes a decade or so ago anyway. It's now more of something if they do book acts I would listen to tbh.

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

You know when you're getting old when you see a line up like that and struggle to think of a half dozen acts you'd bother going to see.  Vast majority of things on there are a complete mystery to me.   

Yup. Although I've only got 7 at Rock Werchter for example so far and that is at the max. RAR and Nova Rock I think are the best one's so far. Nova and RAR first days are very good for me. Mad Cool I have the most but I wouldn't favour it over one of those others.

43 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

IMO if you look at that Coachella lineup and can only pick out like 5-6 acts you'd see you just need to listen to more artists / more than one genre. 5-6 is just silly. The main issue is that there's just hardly any good rock names. 

I'd hazard a guess I'm possibly a bit older than you and have listened to more genres than you'd imagine.  The headliners and the vast majority of the undercard does the square route of zero for me but if the young guns are happy with it, I'll leave to them

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

I'd hazard a guess I'm possibly a bit older than you and have listened to more genres than you'd imagine.  The headliners and the vast majority of the undercard does the square route of zero for me but if the young guns are happy with it, I'll leave to them

I'm 29, and age has nothing nothing to do with it. Even ignoring the headliners - who are ticket shifters if nothing else - if you can only pick out six acts from that entire list you'd be remotely interested in seeing I think the problem is you just haven't heard enough great artists. Unless you just don't like hip-hop, pop and electronic, in which case sure, that drastically reduces the acts on there.

Curious what your six would be actually, maybe I or someone else can make a recommendation based on those - no promises! 

1 hour ago, activean said:

To me, average European festival offers more tbh. Weren't Billie and Kanye there last time ?

Billie was there in 2019. They booked her since they needed to find a new headliner after Travis Scott dropped out due to Astroworld incident. Coachella usually never books livenation artists that has tour dates in California before April but they made an exception this time to book a headliner.

Kanye was just a guest last year. He didn't headlined since 2011. 

On 1/14/2022 at 12:31 PM, BenG92 said:

IMO if you look at that Coachella lineup and can only pick out like 5-6 acts you'd see you just need to listen to more artists / more than one genre. 5-6 is just silly. The main issue is that there's just hardly any good rock names. 

If you are a rock fan though primarily and not a grime/hip hop/rapper fan then it's just not for that person. No one needs to listen to more artists with the chances of them being interested being slim to try and force their interest in a lineup.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If you are a rock fan though primarily and not a grime/hip hop/rapper fan then it's just not for that person. No one needs to listen to more artists with the chances of them being interested being slim to try and force their interest in a lineup.

Totally agree, but not being interested in genres like hip-hop/pop/electronic and then going to a Coachella thread to thumb down a Coachella lineup just seems quite redundant. When was the last time it was rock-oriented? 2013 and then started moving away from that gradually?