Jump to content

2021 build up


zico martin
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, blutarsky said:

What advice has anyone got for campervanners? What time would I need to get there to bag a spot in Blue 1? 

They tend to fill randomly of late, last time (in gen pop), we were early and got put miles away. Other years filled front to back, just get there when you can and take the luck of the draw. Nothings too far really. 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Is there a Poetry & Words equivalent? Apologies if this info is easily available elsewhere, I’m being lazy. 

There’s a theatre tent mate but I’m not cultured enough to have actually been in there so can’t tell you much more than that 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 2:04 PM, crazyfool1 said:

im sure 2 trips to the car isnt a hassle like it can be at Glastonbury ..... im definately doing that 🙂 

 

On 7/16/2021 at 2:13 PM, gooner1990 said:

Yeh will prob do the same....in with bag and tent and back out for camping chair and booze. 🙂 

Yeah, it's really not that bad from car parks to campsite

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This took me to their site to check the refund policy, and I then read that a ticket is required for all children, no matter how young. This led to a bit of a scramble to check the booking as I couldn't remember booking in mini-B! Luckily I had, for the princely sum of £7. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, time to start thinking about must sees, clashfinders and all the other wonderful nonsense that goes with a build up!

Pretty sure I'll be at the main stage for Frank Turner and James. Fingers crossed there'll be time to bomb it to the Little Big Top to catch The Orb after FT.

Big Moon, Ferocious Dog and Barsteward Sons catching the eye in the Big Top.

Main stage is going to be ska and dub all the way. Bringing my dancing shoes this year!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

So, time to start thinking about must sees, clashfinders and all the other wonderful nonsense that goes with a build up!

Pretty sure I'll be at the main stage for Frank Turner and James. Fingers crossed there'll be time to bomb it to the Little Big Top to catch The Orb after FT.

Big Moon, Ferocious Dog and Barsteward Sons catching the eye in the Big Top.

Main stage is going to be ska and dub all the way. Bringing my dancing shoes this year!

Sounds pretty much like my agenda.  Really looking forward to seeing Gentleman's Dub Club too.  Hoping Hobo Jones puts an appearance in as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Sounds pretty much like my agenda.  Really looking forward to seeing Gentleman's Dub Club too.  Hoping Hobo Jones puts an appearance in as well

Yes!  Not seen them yet somehow, definitely all over that!

Get the feeling most of us will be at the same sets most of the time 😄

Just realised how much I'm looking forward to sitting up at the tiny tea tent and having an afternoon doze as well 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yes!  Not seen them yet somehow, definitely all over that!

Get the feeling most of us will be at the same sets most of the time 😄

Just realised how much I'm looking forward to sitting up at the tiny tea tent and having an afternoon doze as well 🙂

Lol - The Tiny Tea Tent is usually our spot to visit after the headliners finish. And, yes, I am that old. Just wish they provided slippers as well. 😁

Same as most, Frank Turner and James must sees for me. I've seen Frank Turner many times and it always seems to me that he converts the neutrals every time. Was at the Download Pilot and Frank had a really enthusiastic crowd. I heard several people saying how his music wasn't normally their cup of tea, but they thought he was great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

This venue is 15 min drive from my house...would it be silly of me to go to this and then watch them again at BDs?!

its £45 a ticket 😯

B7F93F8D-F22B-43B6-98C2-ECC2362C498C.jpeg

Depends what the setlist is? Is this them touring their new album? If so I’d expect the  festival set list to be very different  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Depends what the setlist is? Is this them touring their new album? If so I’d expect the  festival set list to be very different  

Apparently it’s being used as a warm up for Beautiful Days (I assume because they haven’t played live for a very long time!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Apparently it’s being used as a warm up for Beautiful Days (I assume because they haven’t played live for a very long time!)

Good be pretty good then, why not? Any idea who the special guest is?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...