2021 build up

zico martin

Does anyone else have a freezer defrost as part of the festival prep … thought not .. I’ve just realised I’ve not got enough room for cider freezing as I have an empty draw jammed shut … meanwhile I’ve decanted some spirits , charged remaining power packs , and reproffed the tent 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

as I have an empty draw jammed shut 

That just sounds like a challenge!

ive just filled the last remaining space in my freezer with bags of ice, ready for the cool box which I’ll leave in the car and visit on Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, Skelts said:

That just sounds like a challenge!

ive just filled the last remaining space in my freezer with bags of ice, ready for the cool box which I’ll leave in the car and visit on Saturday. 

The top one … by the end of this I’m gonna need a new draw front … ive found freezing cider solid seems to work well and packing it in a cool box filled with ice cubes and then crushed ice tipped in to fill any gaps … then wrap the cool box in space blankets while at the festival 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The top one … by the end of this I’m gonna need a new draw front … ive found freezing cider solid seems to work well and packing it in a cool box filled with ice cubes and then crushed ice tipped in to fill any gaps … then wrap the cool box in space blankets while at the festival 

Do you mean boxes of cider? Cans would explode wouldn’t they? I have both. 
I use space blankets too 👍

15 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Wrap stuff in coolbox in a sweat shirt of t-shirts along with freezer blocks. Pour cold water over it all and keep it wet all festival.

We kept a cool box cool for 4 days doing this in the heatwave we had earlier this year.

Just pouring water over takes the temperature down 5-10 degrees more. Even a tray of icecubes at the bottom kept frozen for over 2 days.

26 minutes ago, Maximousmillian said:

Hi!

Apologies if this has been covered. Just curious what the pricing is for food and pints? I saw the festival said it was 'reasonable'.

Not planning on bringing any food, so would like a rough estimate on how much I'll be spending on lunch and dinner 😋

See you all there!

I think around £4.50 for a pint?  Might be a bit more this year.  Food ranges from £6-£10 ish, depending on what you want.  That's for a meal, rather than just chips or something.  There are crumpet stands and places where you can grab a cake/brownie etc for less.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:59 PM, WS_Jack_III said:

Hey guys, been wondering since the Covid safety stuff was announced, what's to stop those doing the Lat Flow tests from lying and just saying that they got a negative? 

Whenever I've entered mine online it gives you the three options, they have no evidence of what your test result actually is. Seems a flimsy safety method to me and you absolutely know at least one person will lie about it.

I did a lateral flow on Thursday last week, and the website asked me to scan the test rather than enter the result myself. 

18 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I did a lateral flow on Thursday last week, and the website asked me to scan the test rather than enter the result myself. 

Was that on the NHS website?  Not seen that as a requirement until now, just been entering the result

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

Was that on the NHS website?  Not seen that as a requirement until now, just been entering the result

Yes it was on the NHS site. I usually get them done at work and they enter the results, but when I've done them at home I've put the result in myself... until the last one x

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

So if I do a LFT around 9pm tonight, that should cover me for entry, assuming I can download and print results within 2 hours...?

Yeah, 48 hrs prior to your intended entry time. So that would cover you for all of Thursday afternoon 

18 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I feel so under prepared ... hoping the walk isnt gonna be too far without my bike and trailer .... I take far too much shit 🙂 

Where are you intending to camp? It’s not on the same scale as Glastonbury, two trips will be no problem