2021 build up

zico martin

Just messaged the festival on Facebook asking whether (m)any artists would be dropping out due to covid related travel restrictions.

They replied 'We'll be announcing the running orders and additions next week!'

Am I right in suspecting the final line up may be quite different to that advertised? I mean Tim Booth lives in LA doesn't he? And there are numerous acts on the bill from overseas.

17 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Just messaged the festival on Facebook asking whether (m)any artists would be dropping out due to covid related travel restrictions.

They replied 'We'll be announcing the running orders and additions next week!'

Am I right in suspecting the final line up may be quite different to that advertised? I mean Tim Booth lives in LA doesn't he? And there are numerous acts on the bill from overseas.

Lots of the other festivals have chopped and changed right up to the last minute ... Id imagine this will be no different , even with a changed lineup announced  you will only be sure when the bands step out on stage ... 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Lots of the other festivals have chopped and changed right up to the last minute ... Id imagine this will be no different , even with a changed lineup announced  you will only be sure when the bands step out on stage ... 

Think he has moved back over here...something to do with the constant fire. He was at the England final. Two blokes sat in front of him posted a picture saying how gutted they were he didn't ask to 'Sit Down' once...

I'd be more worried about bands from overseas like Dubioza Kolektiv. 

2 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Think he has moved back over here...something to do with the constant fire. He was at the England final. Two blokes sat in front of him posted a picture saying how gutted they were he didn't ask to 'Sit Down' once...

I'd be more worried about bands from overseas like Dubioza Kolektiv. 

Yeah they were the first band that sprung to mind tbh. All will be revealed then 

Hosted a mini one night festival for my 40th on Saturday night in my future father-in-law's garden....125 people...still struggling now and that was only one night!

Think this festival level of getting smashed hasn't been on my radar for a long time (started drinking at 4.30pm and stopped at 5am) 

15 minutes ago, Bizzo said:

Just remembered I don't have a Car Park ticket.  As it's only next week, a bit worried if I buy one now, it wouldn't arrive in time. Can you pay for parking on the day? Thanks

Don't know the answer to that but it might be worth asking the festival on twitter, they're pretty good at responding

42 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Mille Manders was good last time I saw her/ them but don't know much else on there - any recommendations?

Davey Malone, Hobo Jones and Funke & The Two Tone Baby are all great fun live - will likely be very busy for them unless there's clashes. If you're lucky you could see them over the weekend performing elsewhere sometimes near the Magpie vinyl stall, I think they put up a chalkboard with times each day.

I've not seen Muddy Summers before but have heard they're good live. Have seen some great artists at the Bimble who I've never heard of before and now love - I think it's where I discovered the above as well as Gaz Brookfield, Frank Turner and The Leylines early on in their careers 👍