2021 build up

zico martin

9 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

17 days until the gates open. 🙂 

Once the day splits are out there are usually a coupe of Clashfinders set up quite quick after - fairly accurate but no replacement for programme but will let you see any horrible clashes you have

51 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Once the day splits are out there are usually a coupe of Clashfinders set up quite quick after - fairly accurate but no replacement for programme but will let you see any horrible clashes you have

TBH it's hard to get massive clash issues with this many stages 😄

On to sorting out travel logistics with my mates now.  Hopefully the weather this weekend will be decent and I can get my tent out to air and start putting my camping gear together.  Might knock up a couple of flavoured vodkas for the meet and general shenanigans as well.

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

On to sorting out travel logistics with my mates now.  Hopefully the weather this weekend will be decent and I can get my tent out to air and start putting my camping gear together.  Might knock up a couple of flavoured vodkas for the meet and general shenanigans as well.

Just brought this for the meet … and after 😀

image.jpg

38 minutes ago, Quark said:

In 2019 we had several 3 stage clashes over the weekend. It is a lot more likely than you might think.

13 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

In 2019 we had several 3 stage clashes over the weekend. It is a lot more likely than you might think.

That's shit out of luck!

Don't think I had any real clashes in '18.  Probably the closest was that I would have gone to see The Hives on the main stage but my brother really wanted to see Suzanne Vega in the big top, so we went with that as it was his first proper festival. To be fair he made a good call, might not have been a big old party but she was bloody great.

Was chatting to my brother in law at the weekend. He was supposed to be working at BD on a coffee stall but the guy who runs it decided wasn't worth staffing and stocking up for what would probably only be a few festivals. Apparently he had been chatting to a few of the food stalls who said the same thing. Hopefully there will be enough they to keep us fed.

On the plus side, might give a few other stalls a chance who havent been before so bit more variety

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Can anyone tell me if any of the stalls are in the campsites as well or are they only in the 'arena' area?

Thinking for things like coffee and juice in the morning and breakfast bits.

Yes, bottom of slope near Theatre Tent.

39 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Is it likely Hobo Jones will get added ? I’m sure they are usually there ? Unless I’ve missed them on the lineup ? 

Bimble Inn, I have no doubt

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Bimble Inn, I have no doubt

@crazyfool1 You'll need to get there very early if they are at the Bimble Inn.  I rocked up about 30mins before their set last time and couldn't get anywhere near the tent, and the hill was rammed!  They are rumoured to be amongst the last men standing in the Bimble Inn though so if you fancy a late night there, chances are you'll bump into them.  And maybe even get an impromptu performance! 

Edited by Skelts
Added tag
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Skelts said:

@crazyfool1 You'll need to get there very early if they are at the Bimble Inn.  I rocked up about 30mins before their set last time and couldn't get anywhere near the tent, and the hill was rammed!  They are rumoured to be amongst the last men standing in the Bimble Inn though so if you fancy a late night there, chances are you'll bump into them.  And maybe even get an impromptu performance! 

Presumably they headline ? … thanks for the info … I don’t usually do rammed so I’m quite happy to catch the impromptu stuff 🙂 … but the hill might be fine 🙂 it’s tradition I catch them at Glastonbury… so will try to get them once this year 🙂 

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Presumably they headline ? … thanks for the info … I don’t usually do rammed so I’m quite happy to catch the impromptu stuff 🙂 … but the hill might be fine 🙂 it’s tradition I catch them at Glastonbury… so will try to get them once this year 🙂 

I’m not even sure there is a headliner in the Bimble Inn? I seem to remember they were on late afternoon on the Sunday last time. 
The hill there is a great place to chill out 😃

40 minutes ago, Skelts said:

There are ways of getting closer - but if I told you those ways would become rammed too.

Last time they played 2pm Sunday and it was busy but we got right to the front arriving 20 mins before.