2021 build up

zico martin

17 hours ago, zico martin said:

Do they publish a list of what food vendors will be in attendance, ie. Are there many vegan options?

Not that I remember, but following their twitter feed I expect stalls will announce themselves as they do for Glasto.

Certainly I remember lots of veggie options. Given the vibe and ethos of the festival and its organisers I reckon we'll do alright for veggie and vegan, but as it's a small fest you might end up eating at the same few stalls if you're strict on the veganism I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Not that I remember, but following their twitter feed I expect stalls will announce themselves as they do for Glasto.

Certainly I remember lots of veggie options. Given the vibe and ethos of the festival and its organisers I reckon we'll do alright for veggie and vegan, but as it's a small fest you might end up eating at the same few stalls if you're strict on the veganism I guess.

I've been veggie since 1994.....TBH the only festivals I used to struggle at were Reading and Download but even in recent years when I last went to them both (2015) there was no problem getting something decent.

17 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I need to get my head around this then because all the lat tests i've done for work, you literally put the code in online and it asks you what your result was.  There is a QR thingy on there but again, how would scanning that let them know what is on the result? 

I'm not gonna have both doses in time so I'll be doing the lat thing to get in.

On what you see it just shows a test is done, but they scan the QR code and it brings up vaccination and test results for them to see. Well that is what happens when I have seen it scanned.

As long as you do the test and record it they will see it is negative (hoping it is).

1 hour ago, Quark said:

You could eat different vegan stuff every meal every day for 2 weeks. There is heaps of choice though some is not always obvious.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

You could eat different vegan stuff every meal every day for 2 weeks. There is heaps of choice though some is not always obvious.

Coolio.  Wasn't veggie at the time (although always loved veggie festival food) so wasn't as aware of it, but as someone with more experience of the fest than I it sounds like we'll be golden!

45 minutes ago, Quark said:

Coolio.  Wasn't veggie at the time (although always loved veggie festival food) so wasn't as aware of it, but as someone with more experience of the fest than I it sounds like we'll be golden!

The only reason there may be difference is if some stalls are not there. Cheezy Vinyl for example will not be as they decided a while back to stick with their layby set up this year rather than hope festivals happened.

28 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The only reason there may be difference is if some stalls are not there. Cheezy Vinyl for example will not be as they decided a while back to stick with their layby set up this year rather than hope festivals happened.

That's gutting, they were fab!  Where's their layby set up?  I may have to visit!

On 7/22/2021 at 1:22 PM, Nobody Interesting said:

On what you see it just shows a test is done, but they scan the QR code and it brings up vaccination and test results for them to see. Well that is what happens when I have seen it scanned.

As long as you do the test and record it they will see it is negative (hoping it is).

Yes, yes I understand on their end they'll be checking but what i'm saying is there is absolutely nothing stopping me or any other lat flow entry people from taking the test, inputting the result as negative no matter what the actual result was. Say if I test positive on it, well I can go online, input the test code and just say it was negative, then when I get to the festival, they scan the QR code and it says "Negative" because that's what I've input the result as, even if I'm stood there knowing full well I'm actually positive. You know someone is gonna do this.

The only way I can see around it would be having to actually bring the test with you to match up with what you input.

6 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Yes, yes I understand on their end they'll be checking but what i'm saying is there is absolutely nothing stopping me or any other lat flow entry people from taking the test, inputting the result as negative no matter what the actual result was. Say if I test positive on it, well I can go online, input the test code and just say it was negative, then when I get to the festival, they scan the QR code and it says "Negative" because that's what I've input the result as, even if I'm stood there knowing full well I'm actually positive. You know someone is gonna do this.

The only way I can see around it would be having to actually bring the test with you to match up with what you input.

Ah, I am with you now. Sorry.

Sadly thoughtless selfish arses will probably do it - I hope pressure from their mates/family will stop many though.

Yes, bringing the test would seem prudent

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Ah, I am with you now. Sorry.

Sadly thoughtless selfish arses will probably do it - I hope pressure from their mates/family will stop many though.

Yes, bringing the test would seem prudent

Any result shown by an LFT beyond 30-35 minutes is invalid though, so I don’t see how taking the test with you would help. All it will elicit is a shrug. 

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Any result shown by an LFT beyond 30-35 minutes is invalid though, so I don’t see how taking the test with you would help. All it will elicit is a shrug. 

Do they actually change though ? My test done earlier still shows negative 🙂 

49 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Do they actually change though ? My test done earlier still shows negative 🙂 

Don’t know but that’s what the guidance in the packaging says so I can’t imagine anyone is going to want to physically look at one taken the previous day.