2021 build up

zico martin

14 hours ago, Skelts said:

The theme for Sunday is Superheroes!

No inspiration on that one … will just go with my standard lit up suit and hat I think … although I do have a Brazilian lifeguard outfit … that I might be able to stretch to fit the theme 

Edited by crazyfool1

Are there any tips from regulars about anything else that's not been asked?  Or 'don't make this mistake' etc

Already been given good routes to drive and where to camp and which bars are decent.....does it get much traffic coming out on the Monday?  

Struggling to find much else online and this seems to be the only place that has regular people who go.

28 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Are there any tips from regulars about anything else that's not been asked?  Or 'don't make this mistake' etc

Already been given good routes to drive and where to camp and which bars are decent.....does it get much traffic coming out on the Monday?  

Struggling to find much else online and this seems to be the only place that has regular people who go.

Not much else tbh pal. 2018 was first and only, we rocked up on Thursday about 5pm and getting in was fine, left about 10ish (I think) on Monday and getting out was fine.  Don't know if we had a particularly good year or if it's always like that, but I wouldn;t say there's much panic.

It's right on the A30 (literally right on it) so you don't have all the back road hassle of getting out of Glastonbury.

I'd say that if you're up to speed with how to get by at Glastonbury, you'll be fine at BDs. It's really not big enough for there to be that many challenges to get your head around, so I reckon you'll be golden 🙂

42 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

When it rains careful on the slopes up to the Little Big Top and down to the Bimble Inn................... unless you enjoy a god mud slide.

All bars are great, worst time to leave is 9-10am Monday ish but might be later this year cos people will not want to leave.

There really is nothing not to love.

22 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not much else tbh pal. 2018 was first and only, we rocked up on Thursday about 5pm and getting in was fine, left about 10ish (I think) on Monday and getting out was fine.  Don't know if we had a particularly good year or if it's always like that, but I wouldn;t say there's much panic.

It's right on the A30 (literally right on it) so you don't have all the back road hassle of getting out of Glastonbury.

I'd say that if you're up to speed with how to get by at Glastonbury, you'll be fine at BDs. It's really not big enough for there to be that many challenges to get your head around, so I reckon you'll be golden 🙂

I think we are aiming to arrive about 3-3.30pm or so on the Thursday....thought that North Camping was a good shout.

Getting out of the campsite by about 10am seems good for me, although I'll be in no major rush to get back...think its about a 2.45-3hr drive back for me...rather do it safely at my own pace. 🙂

12 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

When it rains careful on the slopes up to the Little Big Top and down to the Bimble Inn................... unless you enjoy a god mud slide.

All bars are great, worst time to leave is 9-10am Monday ish but might be later this year cos people will not want to leave.

There really is nothing not to love.

Hopefully no rain this year!

it didn't rain the one year I went to Bestival despite it raining pretty much every year it was on!

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Don't make the mistake I made on my first time there.  I only live 20 mins away from the site, and after Glastonbury, I thought 'well it's only a small festival, it can't get too messy, I'll leave early Monday morning and work from home'.

To this day, I still can't understand my thought process.  I went way too hard on Sunday night, woke up half in half out of the tent, fully dressed, boots n all and Mrs Skelts had to drive me home.  So, don't make the mistake of thinking you can work on the Monday!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Don't make the mistake I made on my first time there.  I only live 20 mins away from the site, and after Glastonbury, I thought 'well it's only a small festival, it can't get too messy, I'll leave early Monday morning and work from home'.

To this day, I still can't understand my thought process.  I went way too hard on Sunday night, woke up half in half out of the tent, fully dressed, boots n all and Mrs Skelts had to drive me home.  So, don't make the mistake of thinking you can work on the Monday!

I had so much annual leave left (probably like everyone else in the world!) I have booked the entire week off....although I will be the one driving us home so will have to take it slightly easy on the final night! 🙂

Edited by gooner1990

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Also just thinking what is phone signal like down there...thinking of when I have to get signal for my NHS covid proof thing.

Pretty sure it was fine, but i'd download a pdf version to be on the safe side

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Also just thinking what is phone signal like down there...thinking of when I have to get signal for my NHS covid proof thing.

On the covid notes they put up earlier it recommended that you print it 

Hey guys, been wondering since the Covid safety stuff was announced, what's to stop those doing the Lat Flow tests from lying and just saying that they got a negative? 

Whenever I've entered mine online it gives you the three options, they have no evidence of what your test result actually is. Seems a flimsy safety method to me and you absolutely know at least one person will lie about it.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

On 7/16/2021 at 2:09 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I cant see any lockups on the plan ? presumably there arent any ? 

Not sure if this got answered but there never was any then i'm sure at the last one, down by the main stage there was a phone charge/ lock up thing but obviously you had to pay for it. Might have been last one or a few a go, they all merge in to one when you go to so many.

21 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Hey guys, been wondering since the Covid safety stuff was announced, what's to stop those doing the Lat Flow tests from lying and just saying that they got a negative? 

Whenever I've entered mine online it gives you the three options, they have no evidence of what your test result actually is. Seems a flimsy safety method to me and you absolutely know at least one person will lie about it.

They want a QR code which you download and it goes to the full record that shows the result. The only way to get around it is to get a negative friend to do one for you but then only total arses would do that.

28 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

They want a QR code which you download and it goes to the full record that shows the result. The only way to get around it is to get a negative friend to do one for you but then only total arses would do that.

I need to get my head around this then because all the lat tests i've done for work, you literally put the code in online and it asks you what your result was.  There is a QR thingy on there but again, how would scanning that let them know what is on the result? 

I'm not gonna have both doses in time so I'll be doing the lat thing to get in.

45 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I need to get my head around this then because all the lat tests i've done for work, you literally put the code in online and it asks you what your result was.  There is a QR thingy on there but again, how would scanning that let them know what is on the result? 

I'm not gonna have both doses in time so I'll be doing the lat thing to get in.

It's a trust thing I guess, my partner will be having to do this method too. 

16 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

All true, but I would view it as risk reduction rather than removal. If enough people are honest about it, the risks are reduced enough to be viable.