2021 build up

zico martin

On 7/13/2021 at 6:35 PM, Nobody Interesting said:

Take this to mean what you will but......................

The Access team has just got in touch with me to confirm what car pass we would like as they have a new access car park.

I take this to mean it is going ahead.

Friends of mine who are working at the bars have just had their contracts emailed to them so I’m taking that as a good sign too!

28 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Thursday night at beautiful days? Is that a thing?

Only very low key, not amplified and not advertised. Explore and you will find stuff

9 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Is that for the Bimble Inn? 

No, but I am sure there will be impromtu stuff there too

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Hoping I will find stuff...not been before!

You will I am sure and you will love it.

Come Friday there are little gigs at the music shop on the left as you go down the hill from the camp site for example. Seen loads of good stuff there.

13 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

For us newbies do we get a bit more ? 

Dirty Davey's Bar is one and the bar opposite the Big Top is another.

There are smaller random things too. I cannot remember what it is called but as you come down the hill from the camp site (before you go over the bridge to the main arena area and providing you are no in arena camping of course) there are some stalls on the left ahead of you.
One of those is a small music type shop and has music Friday to Sunday for example

Here is a 2019 site map - I hope it makes sense what I typed. Dirty Daveys Bar is the one on the way to the main stage (after the childrens area).
The music shop is near where Franks water is marked on the right hand part of the map near the Theatre Tent

Site Map for BD2019

Edited by Nobody Interesting

I got suggested to head for North Camping by someone else...we will be two blokes aged 39/40.  Is that a good shout? Is it mainly full of kids or is it party central too?

Don't mind something lively but don't want to be surrounded by 15 year olds too.

5 weeks to go so not long assuming it goes ahead!

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I got suggested to head for North Camping by someone else...we will be two blokes aged 39/40.  Is that a good shout? Is it mainly full of kids or is it party central too?

Don't mind something lively but don't want to be surrounded by 15 year olds too.

No idea on North Camping.  We come in yellow gate go straight on towards The Garden and set up on the flat part at the top of the hill - but you need to be early to get space there.
As festivals go I would say it is quiet everywhere compared to others but Arena Camping is likely the more noisy place.

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

No idea on North Camping.  We come in yellow gate go straight on towards The Garden and set up on the flat part at the top of the hill - but you need to be early to get space there.
As festivals go I would say it is quiet everywhere compared to others but Arena Camping is likely the more noisy place.

Well we know it won't be like Reading Festival or BoomTown but don't mind a bit of a lively atompshere up until the small hours if that's on offer...so sounds like Arena camping might be better? 

What would you suggest as a good camping spot if we are arriving around 3.30pm-4pm on the Thursday?

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Well we know it won't be like Reading Festival or BoomTown but don't mind a bit of a lively atompshere up until the small hours if that's on offer...so sounds like Arena camping might be better? 

What would you suggest as a good camping spot if we are arriving around 3.30pm-4pm on the Thursday?

Honestly not sure as that time we tend to be sat by tent chatting and looking at programme so have never been out and about to know where there is space - there is probably space everywhere though.

If you really want to be in the midst of it then some camp right next to the main arena.

As you head through the site towards Arena Camping you exit the arena and in front of you is the hill up to arena camping and to your right are toilets.

Round the corner to the right is a grassy area where people also camp - so in the day noisy and I guess stays noisier later. The Bimble Inn is always a good place to go after the main stage finishes too and you have the Little Big Top near by. That genral area is the busier later.

Hope that helps

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Honestly not sure as that time we tend to be sat by tent chatting and looking at programme so have never been out and about to know where there is space - there is probably space everywhere though.

If you really want to be in the midst of it then some camp right next to the main arena.

As you head through the site towards Arena Camping you exit the arena and in front of you is the hill up to arena camping and to your right are toilets.

Round the corner to the right is a grassy area where people also camp - so in the day noisy and I guess stays noisier later. The Bimble Inn is always a good place to go after the main stage finishes too and you have the Little Big Top near by. That genral area is the busier later.

Hope that helps

Thanks. 🙂 

39 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I've never noticed any marauding gangs of teenagers, it's not like Reading as the music on offer doesn't tend to appeal to them.  It's generally a bit of an older crowd and families so any teenagers will likely be with their parents. I think it was me that mentioned North Camping to you but that's only because that's the only place I've ever camped!  Never had any problems there.

Can't comment on what Arena camping is like, other than to say it's the furthest away from parking, which rules it out for me!

The excitement is definitely building!

1 minute ago, Skelts said:

I've never noticed any marauding gangs of teenagers, it's not like Reading as the music on offer doesn't tend to appeal to them.  It's generally a bit of an older crowd and families so any teenagers will likely be with their parents. I think it was me that mentioned North Camping to you but that's only because that's the only place I've ever camped!  Never had any problems there.

Can't comment on what Arena camping is like, other than to say it's the furthest away from parking, which rules it out for me!

The excitement is definitely building!

Yeh it was you....knowing how lazy my mate is with carrying stuff I think North camping might be where we end up! ha!

Surely it has to be going ahead now, they would have announced if it was off as I asume stewards/bar staff recruitment and site build aren't far off.

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh it was you....knowing how lazy my mate is with carrying stuff I think North camping might be where we end up! ha!

Surely it has to be going ahead now, they would have announced if it was off as I asume stewards/bar staff recruitment and site build aren't far off.

im sure 2 trips to the car isnt a hassle like it can be at Glastonbury ..... im definately doing that 🙂