2021 build up

zico martin

20 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Guess BD will probably get a clearer idea of whether to go or no then...! 

Just been looking at the Devon Coronavirus dashboard - the rates are low around the site and in Devon as a whole:

image.png.64fd12b8bf6f992587d609bced62fbde.png

image.png.ef24ea35f582ba89f5503dd303c7e538.png

We’ve had very low rates in Devon throughout and didn’t really see much change when huge numbers of tourists came last summer.  I can’t see any good reason for BD not to go ahead while campsites near us are operating at full capacity and have nothing like the infrastructure of a festival to support the number of people we have visiting the area already.

8 hours ago, zico martin said:

Right this shit is getting real now! At last! 

So first things first, do I need to buy a car park ticket? When do the gates open?

Yeah, you’ll need a car parking ticket. Car parks open at 12 on Thursday and gates open at 14.00. I don’t know if they actually open a bit earlier in reality as I normally get there around 15.00. Never much of a queue 

52 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Yeah, you’ll need a car parking ticket. Car parks open at 12 on Thursday and gates open at 14.00. I don’t know if they actually open a bit earlier in reality as I normally get there around 15.00. Never much of a queue 

Presumably they are available on the gate … in the mad panic to get tickets we missed them off the order … and see won’t let us add them 

17 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Is the A30 route recommended over the M5 one?

I'm coming from near Oxford so can do either.....

We came down last time from Gloucester on the Friday & the M5 was ok (obviously keep an eye on live traffic sat nav), but the journey home on the Monday with all the holiday traffic made the M5 a total no go. 

35 minutes ago, ChemicalBrother said:

We came down last time from Gloucester on the Friday & the M5 was ok (obviously keep an eye on live traffic sat nav), but the journey home on the Monday with all the holiday traffic made the M5 a total no go. 

OK thanks! I assume the A30 and A303 will get holiday traffic as well so may just have to put up with it!

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Is the A30 route recommended over the M5 one?

I'm coming from near Oxford so can do either.....

The queue to get on to the site is much better (non existent) coming from honiton on the east rather than Exeter and the m5. 

On 7/7/2021 at 1:24 PM, Skelts said:

The queue to get on to the site is much better (non existent) coming from honiton on the east rather than Exeter and the m5. 

Not always the case, I've sat in a queue all the way through the village to the little bridge in the past. On Thursday for gate opening, it can be just pot luck. 

6 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Do the campervan fields open earlier? 

Same time as the car parking normally, but you can set up straight away obviously, rather than having to wait a bit like the renters to get on site. 

I might think about buying a new camp bed … after Monday … too soon ? And do we expect the fancy dress theme to be the same as last years cancelled fest ? As obviously they can’t announce a theme before they announce what’s happening with the fest . Do we expect negative test requirements ? 

Edited by crazyfool1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I might think about buying a new camp bed … after Monday … too soon ? And do we expect the fancy dress theme to be the same as last years cancelled fest ? As obviously they can’t announce a theme before they announce what’s happening with the fest . Do we expect negative test requirements ? 

Seems like it’s still up in the air. This is off the FAQ’s 

https://www.beautifuldays.org/faqs/

F8D4E971-77D7-492D-BF2C-794F772F41B8.png

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Lidl has a decent one on 50% off atm, think it’s 29.99 for a collapsing one with proper slats and a mattress. 

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Still no offical word if its on or not?

I guess they have loads to think about - I have seen the 'guidelines' and frankly to say that they are fuck all help is being generous.

We are back to the risk factor of restrictions being imposed and no insurance.