2021 build up

zico martin

54 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I have questioned it with them via Twitter (As has someone else)

Perhaps it is on all ticket purchases and has been left on by accident from last year.

50 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Its still letting you buy car parking tickets for the current date which bodes well. 

Was thinking in terms of the headliners at least Beautiful Days are in a better position than most given they are one of them, and from what I can gather James and Frank Turner are their mates so can't imagine they would be getting a non-refundable deposit of it can't go ahead. Same could potentially be true of the bars being a local brewery. Stuff like the fencing and toilets etc probably not so much

If the above is the case maybe they can afford to wait a little longer before making their final decision?

I have the same thing on my Seetickets page and I only bought them this year.  But I've just seen the festival's response on twitter and they've confirmed it's not cancelled, the message must just have been left on there from last year. They're going to check it out.

• Upvote 2

Not sure why notifications don’t seem to be working … started off dissapointed and within a min or so I’m  back at the as you were stage 🙂 … 11 days and we should have a pretty decent idea I’d say and if testing is a requirement absolutely … I did one 5 mins ago anyway 🙂 no hassle to me 

Edited by crazyfool1

10 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Not sure why notifications don’t seem to be working … started off dissapointed and within a min or so I’m  back at the as you were stage 🙂 … 11 days and we should have a pretty decent idea I’d say and if testing is a requirement absolutely … I did one 5 mins ago anyway 🙂 no hassle to me 

Testing I'm fine with.  I honestly still don't know how I feel about the vaccine passport thing in general though.

Aye, saw the same on their Twitter feed. I reckon CF's got the feel of it; if 19th Jul remains the date that the govt lifts official restrictions and doesn't include any caveats that fuck over live outdoor events then we should be golden.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

Aye, saw the same on their Twitter feed. I reckon CF's got the feel of it; if 19th Jul remains the date that the govt lifts official restrictions and doesn't include any caveats that fuck over live outdoor events then we should be golden.

I agree that they are waiting on the restrictions decision for the 19th July (which I think is on the 12th July?) at which point it will either be on or off for sure.

Praying its on otherwise that's my last full weekend camping festival gone!

Edited by gooner1990

5 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I agree that they are waiting on the restrictions decision for the 19th July (which I think is on the 12th July?) at which point it will either be on or off for sure.

Like me - this is my last hurrah for this year with everything either scaled down to nothing (for the same price), or cancelled outright.

8 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Same here. Got this in the diary, plus Idles at Eden Project and a few local gigs. Really hope this goes ahead, really need a weekender!

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

I wonder if decision day will be today given the roadmap confirmation is due from Spaffer later on....

Isn't the official announcement on the proposed end of restrictions on July 19th meant to be next week though? 

I've been avoiding covid related news like the covid. 

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Is that low?

Compared to most of the rest of the country. It varies across the county though - there are rural spots where the rate is as low as 44/100,000 and some urban areas where it’s more like 300/400. Currently highest in the UK is something like 800, based on what I looked at earlier. Good news is there hasn’t been a Covid death in Devon for about 2 months. 

4 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Compared to most of the rest of the country. It varies across the county though - there are rural spots where the rate is as low as 44/100,000 and some urban areas where it’s more like 300/400. Currently highest in the UK is something like 800, based on what I looked at earlier. Good news is there hasn’t been a Covid death in Devon for about 2 months. 

I'm fairly confident that as long as the restrictions aren't there (which it looks like they won't be) that BD's will go ahead....capacity is only 17,000 and its still another 7 weeks away.

Oxfam volunteers have had a notification email today with some preliminary check in information for Beautiful Days. It arrived even before today’s government announcement.

It tells us what time to get there, the directions, and that we might be asked for negative lateral flow tests so to be ready to provide one.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, amfy said:

Oxfam volunteers have had a notification email today with some preliminary check in information for Beautiful Days. It arrived even before today’s government announcement.

It tells us what time to get there, the directions, and that we might be asked for negative lateral flow tests so to be ready to provide one.

Surely it’s on then! 🥳