Glastonbury Abbey Extravaganza 2021 - Van Morrison

Dukeicon

Glastonbury Abbey Extravaganza returns for 25th anniversary celebration with Van Morrison on September 4th

We’re very pleased to announce that our Glastonbury Abbey Extravaganza concert will return for its 25th anniversary celebration on Saturday, September 4th, 2021, with a headline performance from Van Morrison. 

Also performing in the Abbey's historic surroundings will be The Staves and the Glastonbury Male Voice Choir. The evening will conclude with the traditional fireworks finale. 

Said Michael Eavis: “It’s so wonderful to be back together again enjoying this lovely space – especially to the songs of Van Morrison. What could be better?!" 

Tickets are on sale now, costing £40 for adults and £20 for children aged up to 16. Any remaining tickets will cost £45 / £25 on the gate.

As always, overnight options are also available in the campsite nearby, at the foot of the Tor, which is also open for bookings now. 

Please note that the Extravaganza will be held in accordance with all relevant government guidelines at the time of the event. If the event is not able to go ahead due to restrictions, refunds will be offered.

https://www.glastonburyabbey.com/whats-on/glastonbury-abbey-extravaganza.php

Just now, Fish Bulb said:

I didn't realise this album existed until now. Have any of you actually given it a listen? I've got to admit I'm very intrigued.

Nah, 2 hours of my life I could spend doing literally anything else.

It’s Quiz Time!

Below are 12 song titles, but are they by militant atheist anarcho-punks and pioneers of the squat movement, Crass, or songs from gifted 60s balladeer and Cliff Richard collaborator Van Morrison’s new album?

6 of these songs came from the collective that brought us ‘Penis Envy’ and ‘Bullshit Detector’, 6 from the singer songwriter behind ‘Brown Eyed Girl and ‘Astral Weeks’

Reject of Society 

Stop Bitching, Do Something

The Sound of Free Speech

Do They Owe Us a Living?

Systematic Death

Big Lie

Where have all the Rebels gone?

Yes Sir, I will

They Own the Media

Why are you on Facebook?

How Does it Feel to be the Mother of 1,000 Dead

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Answers

Crass- 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 11

Van the Man – 2, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12

• Upvote 1

Swing and a miss on this one guys, I know Van's a friend of the festival from the 80s but things have changed and he's not a good booking in 2021.

Also just a reminder that back in his heyday he put out album full of things like this solely to fulfil a contractual obligation:

The main thing I take from this is the fact its been announced hes playing in early sept ..... hopefully in a couple of weeks we might get something about the extended Pilton Party .... they were obviously waiting for the Live event to finish before this was announced