Album of the Month Tournament - May 2021

Quark

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I've pulled together a playlist of all the albums suggested this month and working my way through them now. Expect my votes to come typically late in the day. 

Is it on Spotify? If so could I get a look at it?

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Is it on Spotify? If so could I get a look at it?

Sorry no I'm a Deezer girl but I never set them up as official playlists either. I should do as occasionally my husband ditches them to put on one of 8 albums that he ever plays and I lose my entire playlist. 

I’ve queued everything suggested so far. Got some catching up to do - only new music I’ve heard recently has been Jorja Smith and Olivia Rodrigo. 
spent a lot of time listening to the back catalogues of some of the Live @ Worthy Farm artists. 

10 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Sorry no I'm a Deezer girl but I never set them up as official playlists either. I should do as occasionally my husband ditches them to put on one of 8 albums that he ever plays and I lose my entire playlist. 

Ah no worries. Good to hear that @Quarkisn't the only person helping keep Deezer afloat!

22 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

They do pay just slightly higher money to artists as well but yes got a free trial right at the beginning and have always stuck with it. 

Unfortunately for me the wife works for Spotify so I think if I switched allegiance it could cause an international incident.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Ah no worries. Good to hear that @Quarkisn't the only person helping keep Deezer afloat!

25 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

They do pay just slightly higher money to artists as well but yes got a free trial right at the beginning and have always stuck with it. 

Listen through Deezer, buy through Bandcamp

Just now, gigpusher said:

I buy through a mixture of bandcamp, independent record shops and straight from the artist direct as well. 

Ah, I typed that as more of an instruction rather than just what I do! 😄

No physical copies here so it's digital only. Speaking of which, how's the vinyl addiction? 🙂

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah, I typed that as more of an instruction rather than just what I do! 😄

No physical copies here so it's digital only. Speaking of which, how's the vinyl addiction? 🙂

Vet bills have hampered it this year but the Penfriend one arrived yesterday and I think there are about 5 on order 😄 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Vet bills have hampered it this year but the Penfriend one arrived yesterday and I think there are about 5 on order 😄 

At the risk of derailing the thread, how's she recovering?

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

At the risk of derailing the thread, how's she recovering?

Knees are a lot better. The iliopsoas muscles could take up to a year to recover fully. In less than 5 weeks she can start roaming the house again and we can get rid of pens and mattresses downstairs so looking forward to getting our house back but a long way off her having off lead walks with our other dog still. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I have had that issue. some vinyl coming through from previous orders and a cheeky Channel 1 double vinyl (Which is brilliant)

9 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Moby's new album counts as a... new album, right?

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying a Moby album in 2021 but I think it's the best thing I've heard this Month.

Just finished listening to it here. Really good. The new versions of Why Does My Heart and Natural Blues are lush.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Just finished listening to it here. Really good. The new versions of Why Does My Heart and Natural Blues are lush.

During parts of Go it sounded like something that could be on the Twin Peaks soundtrack, but then it also had bongos. What a combo.

2 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

During parts of Go it sounded like something that could be on the Twin Peaks soundtrack, but then it also had bongos. What a combo.

Probably because he used samples from Laura's Theme in TP in the single release of Go 😄

I know what you mean though.  Very soundtracky.