Download Fest Pilot

Dukey

2 hours ago, scrubbertheman said:

All tests negative, no pings on the app.

Strange thing about the QR code check-in thing though, it only records you as being at a venue up until 23:59 of the day you scan in.

And I didn't even think about re-scanning in on Saturday or Sunday mornings. 

So it only thinks I was there for the Friday.

Which leaves its functionality purely down to Bluetooth proximity.

Crikey didn't know that was a thing - never occurred to me to check in every day.

Anyway, all negative here.

Just wondering - how was searches for the Download Pilot? Is it the same as usual for festivals or are they a lot more hands off to try and not spread the virus? Do they do pat downs etc still and proper go through bags or nothing like that. I have been thinking and surely if a security guard checks like 2,000 bags in a day and pats 2,000+ down they must be at a pretty high covid risk.

Just interested before Latitude, cheers 🙂 

21 minutes ago, Deviceing said:

Security were in masks all weekend and the bag check was after the test result checkpoint.

Probably the most thorough check I've had at any festival, personally. Fella went through everything.

Thanks for the honesty, hopefully can get my booze etc in latitude. did they go through the tent even/sleeping bags or nah? I guess with only 10k people they can be a lot more thorough - was it quite overstaffed would you say?

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Thanks for the honesty, hopefully can get my booze etc in latitude. did they go through the tent even/sleeping bags or nah? I guess with only 10k people they can be a lot more thorough - was it quite overstaffed would you say?

I found them to be no more thorough than usual. They didn’t check our sleeping bags and tents. He just wanted to see to the bottom of my hold-all I had full of clothes and food. 

Yeah - we thought we were in for the long haul - massive trolley stacked. But the security guy looked at me and said that he couldn't be bothered. I've been lucky on these things, going into Reading Fest once the guard said "got any booze", me "no"; him "well, tomorrow, come and find me and I'll let you in with some".  That said, I stick with the rules and I guess that's written on my face!

20 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I found them to be no more thorough than usual. They didn’t check our sleeping bags and tents. He just wanted to see to the bottom of my hold-all I had full of clothes and food. 

13 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Yeah - we thought we were in for the long haul - massive trolley stacked. But the security guy looked at me and said that he couldn't be bothered. I've been lucky on these things, going into Reading Fest once the guard said "got any booze", me "no"; him "well, tomorrow, come and find me and I'll let you in with some".  That said, I stick with the rules and I guess that's written on my face!

Cheers both,

I'm 19 and rocking up to Latitude with a bleached buzz cut so probably won't be quite as lucky haha. We'll have to see, never had issues before so hopefully won't at Latitude 🙂 

12 hours ago, jump said:

I was wondering why all the other fests are becoming pilots now when they have done it at Download already so they have data to work with but apparently it's because only 15% of people who went to Download actually did the tests. lol

That 15% figure relates to the earlier pilots (snooker, football, Liverpool club nights etc.) and not the Download Pilot. We don't have the Download stats yet.

The reason two other fests are pilots is because festivals wanted certainty that they could go ahead after July 19th regardless of restrictions and so lobbied the government for 'pilot' status. 2 festivals where the land happens to be owned by Tory peers got the nod to go ahead and just slapped a 'pilot' sticker on the event.

20 hours ago, gfa said:

Cheers both,

I'm 19 and rocking up to Latitude with a bleached buzz cut so probably won't be quite as lucky haha. We'll have to see, never had issues before so hopefully won't at Latitude 🙂 

Didn't have any issues but I got searched extensively everytime I went in- remember after being searched the security guard said to the person behind me "you don't look dodgy you can go through". Must've been a Scotland fan as I had an England top on!