Jump to content

Download Fest Pilot


Dukey
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Andy Copping said in his Kerrang Q&A that the stages will alternate so no clashes. He specifically says "no overlapping" and "you can see all 40 bands if you want to".

Thanks

 

Can I see this q&a anywhere online?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got an email from ticketmaster that needs to be filled out by Monday btw everyone! One of the questions is what time do you plan to get there for and an option is before 12. Assume gates will open before 2 because of getting everyone through checking covid tests and assuming music starts around 5 it doesn’t leave a lot of time! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, iistroudley said:

Just got an email from ticketmaster that needs to be filled out by Monday btw everyone! One of the questions is what time do you plan to get there for and an option is before 12. Assume gates will open before 2 because of getting everyone through checking covid tests and assuming music starts around 5 it doesn’t leave a lot of time! 

Nice one, I nearly overlooked this email

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Galactus said:

This still not sold out?

This tells you exactly how easy getting a normal Download ticket is. In a time when people are desperate to get back, it still struggles at £120. For me I wouldn't touch it but for people who like it.

Truth is can people be arsed with all the testing that goes with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

This tells you exactly how easy getting a normal Download ticket is. In a time when people are desperate to get back, it still struggles at £120. For me I wouldn't touch it but for people who like it.

Truth is can people be arsed with all the testing that goes with.

I guarantee it isn’t the testing that is the issue. It’s the short notice. It’s the not being able to get the Friday and/or Monday off work. It’s the feeling uneasy about taking part in a giant science experiment. It’s the lineup not being traditionally ‘Download’ enough for a lot of their ticket holders. Simple testing isn’t a problem for the vast majority of people. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I guarantee it isn’t the testing that is the issue. It’s the short notice. It’s the not being able to get the Friday and/or Monday off work. It’s the feeling uneasy about taking part in a giant science experiment. It’s the lineup not being traditionally ‘Download’ enough for a lot of their ticket holders. Simple testing isn’t a problem for the vast majority of people. 

So if it's not the testing. It doesn't have to be traditional Download, if it's an event and you like it then go. You're telling me 10k people out of everyone couldn't get a Friday and Monday off work?, I work somewhere where everyone raced to get holidays booked off and still that weekend to the end of June is free and we have a lot of people. They had 3.5 weeks still.

It didn't stop the previous pilot events selling out and romping no issue.

It's the fact if anything it doesn't cover the interest of enough people. Download like or not it's very niche.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So if it's not the testing. It doesn't have to be traditional Download, if it's an event and you like it then go. You're telling me 10k people out of everyone couldn't get a Friday and Monday off work?, I work somewhere where everyone raced to get holidays booked off and still that weekend to the end of June is free and we have a lot of people. They had 3.5 weeks still.

It didn't stop the previous pilot events selling out and romping no issue.

It's the fact if anything it doesn't cover the interest of enough people. Download like or not it's very niche.

There's numerous factors people will be put off by this as already stated countless times in this thread. I think you solely putting it down to people not wanting to be tested is completley irrational. All you have to do is order a lateral flow test off the internet, they send you the other one. 

Regarding line up, you can't seem to move past this either I've noticed. What exactly were you expecting? Who would you have swapped for this not be considered 'niche' ? Just like us these bands would have been given extremely short notice to come and play for free.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Galactus said:

There's numerous factors people will be put off by this as already stated countless times in this thread. I think you solely putting it down to people not wanting to be tested is completley irrational. All you have to do is order a lateral flow test off the internet, they send you the other one. 

Regarding line up, you can't seem to move past this either I've noticed. What exactly were you expecting? Who would you have swapped for this not be considered 'niche' ? Just like us these bands would have been given extremely short notice to come and play for free.

 

On the point of the lineup (for the record I really like it) all these bands aren’t getting paid they’re doing it because they want to play music. The pool of talent was lower anyway as they can’t get anyone in overseas. That pool then becomes even lower if no one is being paid. I think they’ve done a stand up job for the lineup 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So if it's not the testing. It doesn't have to be traditional Download, if it's an event and you like it then go. You're telling me 10k people out of everyone couldn't get a Friday and Monday off work?, I work somewhere where everyone raced to get holidays booked off and still that weekend to the end of June is free and we have a lot of people. They had 3.5 weeks still.

It didn't stop the previous pilot events selling out and romping no issue.

It's the fact if anything it doesn't cover the interest of enough people. Download like or not it's very niche.

You’re obviously very fortunate to work somewhere that allows you to book a couple of days off at such short notice. 
 

By and large, whether it’s on Twitter or on the official Download Forums, or a whole bunch of my mates, time off work is absolutely the biggest reason I’ve seen for people not being able to attend who otherwise would have loved to go. This event was announced 3 weeks before it kicks off, that is not a lot of time for many, many folk to book time off of work, particular those who work shifts that are mapped out months in advance (my partner, who works in the NHS, for example) or people who couldn’t book those days off if they wanted to (e.g. in my profession). 
 

You made a it quite clear a little while ago that you would rather events not go ahead at all than you have to do a lateral flow test / PCR test / any combination of the two before you enter. I don’t know of a single person going to this event who even has a slight quandary with having to carry out tests. Not one (whether that’s other forum posters over on the DL Forums, people on Twitter or friends I know who are going). 
 

Testing being a requirement of a government backed, scientific study is not the issue for tickets not flying out instantly. It just isn’t. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Galactus said:

There's numerous factors people will be put off by this as already stated countless times in this thread. I think you solely putting it down to people not wanting to be tested is completley irrational. All you have to do is order a lateral flow test off the internet, they send you the other one. 

Regarding line up, you can't seem to move past this either I've noticed. What exactly were you expecting? Who would you have swapped for this not be considered 'niche' ? Just like us these bands would have been given extremely short notice to come and play for free.

 

I'm unsure why you have put most of this reply as what you are replying to states none of this.

But do I want a lateral flow test that sent 50 people as clear from India to then not be clear on arrival? That's 50 people from the country causing the biggest issue hear right now.

I'm not complaining at who they have booked let's just get this in place. Just because I wouldn't attend it, it's not my thing and that's okay. But regardless of all the numerous reasons etc etc, a lineup still needs to attract people to spend £120 on a lineup. And out of 66m living in the country, I find it hard to be told that 10k people aren't interested enough in it. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You’re obviously very fortunate to work somewhere that allows you to book a couple of days off at such short notice. 
 

By and large, whether it’s on Twitter or on the official Download Forums, or a whole bunch of my mates, time off work is absolutely the biggest reason I’ve seen for people not being able to attend who otherwise would have loved to go. This event was announced 3 weeks before it kicks off, that is not a lot of time for many, many folk to book time off of work, particular those who work shifts that are mapped out months in advance (my partner, who works in the NHS, for example) or people who couldn’t book those days off if they wanted to (e.g. in my profession). 
 

You made a it quite clear a little while ago that you would rather events not go ahead at all than you have to do a lateral flow test / PCR test / any combination of the two before you enter. I don’t know of a single person going to this event who even has a slight quandary with having to carry out tests. Not one (whether that’s other forum posters over on the DL Forums, people on Twitter or friends I know who are going). 
 

Testing being a requirement of a government backed, scientific study is not the issue for tickets not flying out instantly. It just isn’t. 

This has nothing to do with what I would rather being in place. You're just using that to justify your response for no reason. Not everyone is going to think the way I do and we all have an opinion. PCR tests cost money, lateral flows aren't proven to be accurate so if we are going by that then if I chose not to have one then I'm fully in my rights to.

We are still talking 10k people. It's like selling Ally Pally out.

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm unsure why you have put most of this reply as what you are replying to states none of this.

But do I want a lateral flow test that sent 50 people as clear from India to then not be clear on arrival? That's 50 people from the country causing the biggest issue hear right now.

I'm not complaining at who they have booked let's just get this in place. Just because I wouldn't attend it, it's not my thing and that's okay. But regardless of all the numerous reasons etc etc, a lineup still needs to attract people to spend £120 on a lineup. And out of 66m living in the country, I find it hard to be told that 10k people aren't interested enough in it. 

This has nothing to do with what I would rather being in place. You're just using that to justify your response for no reason. Not everyone is going to think the way I do and we all have an opinion. PCR tests cost money, lateral flows aren't proven to be accurate so if we are going by that then if I chose not to have one then I'm fully in my rights to.

We are still talking 10k people. It's like selling Ally Pally out.

People going don’t have to pay for the PCR tests, they’re free of charge due to it being a research event. 
 

You are fully in your rights to not do test, yes, but you commented that testing is the main reason why people aren’t buying tickets for this and I’ve expressed why I believe that to be false. 
 

You seem to take most things as a personal dig at you when it isn’t. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm unsure why you have put most of this reply as what you are replying to states none of this.

But do I want a lateral flow test that sent 50 people as clear from India to then not be clear on arrival? That's 50 people from the country causing the biggest issue hear right now.

I'm not complaining at who they have booked let's just get this in place. Just because I wouldn't attend it, it's not my thing and that's okay. But regardless of all the numerous reasons etc etc, a lineup still needs to attract people to spend £120 on a lineup. And out of 66m living in the country, I find it hard to be told that 10k people aren't interested enough in it.

First you said 'Truth is can people be arsed with all the testing that goes with'. Now you're saying the lateral tests are dodgy. I only asked if it was sold out and you started blaming the festival again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...