Download Fest Pilot

Dukey

9 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Just had the track and trace notification. Nightmare 

Got mine  yesterday too. I feel like if one person has tested positive thats got to be a large percentage of the crowd using track and trace that will get notified. What's the range on the app?

For an event like this if 1 person is positive I can imagine a lot of people being notified due to no social distancing and being a small site but I think in an outside setting people are very unlikely to actually catch covid-19 from said person. It does make me wonder if the app will start to become a bit redundant at events like this with testing in place because otherwise so many people are going to be unnecessarily isolating. 

Performance-wise, Skindred won the weekend (again) for me. 

Bleed From Within blew me away, a band I wasn't familiar with before Saturday. 

Gutted for The Wildhearts. 

And just to inject a little negatively, Cassyette was one of the laughable and uncomfortable performances I've ever seen. Not a fan of backing tracks at a place that celebrates live musicians and singers. They were beyond blatent about it. 

Moan over. 

I'm grateful for the whole experience. 

Edited by scrubbertheman

2 hours ago, Galactus said:

Why are certain people getting track and trace flag up on their phone but others aren't? Surely we should all be getting the notification.

According to the app info, you would need to be within 2m of the infected person for 15 minutes + to be defined as a close contact. If they've been in a moshpit, that might trigger a few notifications.

I had my bluetooth running all weekend and haven't had the notification. We watched everything from near the back though and so generally had at least 2m space all around us at all times.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, foolee said:

For an event like this if 1 person is positive I can imagine a lot of people being notified due to no social distancing and being a small site but I think in an outside setting people are very unlikely to actually catch covid-19 from said person. It does make me wonder if the app will start to become a bit redundant at events like this with testing in place because otherwise so many people are going to be unnecessarily isolating. 

Hopefully won't be used as a reason to say events aren't safe- it should be more of a problem with the self isolation system than events but it could easily be spun the other way 

5 hours ago, foolee said:

Or you'll just get people deleting the app like I know a lot of people did.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Hopefully won't be used as a reason to say events aren't safe- it should be more of a problem with the self isolation system than events but it could easily be spun the other way 

Can’t see why that would be the case. If there have been positive people at the events but no one or a small percentage of people get it then the trial has worked and it shows that these sort of events don’t spread the virus. That would be the logical way of looking at it though I suppose and this government don’t always seem to take that approach so we’ll see. Fingers crossed though! 

1 hour ago, KingPin said:

Or you'll just get people deleting the app like I know a lot of people did.

Yeah possibly. If it doesn’t become fit for use I can see why someone would delete it as you might end up isolating all the time if festivals get the go ahead but almost no chance of actually catching the virus. My phone doesn’t allow me to download the app so I wouldn’t know either way which is helpful. 

On 6/21/2021 at 10:45 AM, Andre91 said:

One of the very, very best festivals I've ever been to. Everything about it was 100 times better than a normal Download. The 2/3 minute walk from my tent to the arena was bloody excellent and has encouraged me to attend more smaller festivals in future rather than the giant ones. Being able to take your own drinks into the arena too was kind on the wallet; I bought a few drinks from the bars but nowhere near the usual amount I would buy over the course of a weekend. 

The atmosphere everywhere was stunning. The rain didn't matter, everyone was in the best of spirits. 

I came home yesterday due to work today so I unfortunately missed Skindred. They're a band I don't listen to on record much at all but I know their big songs and they always deliver live. Apparently their set was incredible. 

Highlights for me were:

Frank Carter - a future headliner of Download and/or R&L, I am certain, after that performance. The energy was insane. 

Enter Shikari - at this point, my favorite band ever. I cried my eyes out during that fanfare intro, it was beautiful. They smashed as per usual but the energy from them and the crowd was next level, everyone was losing their heads from start to finish. This was the main event of the weekend for me. 

Lotus Eater - Just WOW. They're the future. Absolutely unbelievable stuff. 

Bleed From Within, Malevolence, Conjurer and Employed To Serve were also massive highlights. 

A couple of downers: 

Creeper - I am gutted that I missed their set. I've read and seen nothing but unbelievable things about it but unfortunately in my drunken state, I decided to go on the biggest bloody ride they had and spent several minutes about 100ft in the air spinning round and up and down and came off of the ride feeling like I was going to die. I went to have a lay down in my tent because I had to get feeling right again for Shikari so missed Creeper. All my own doing though so I don't deserve any sympathy at all 😛 

Wargasm - She is absolutely terrible. Like a Poundland Yolandi Visser. I was quite impressed with the other guy's vocal performance but she was dire. This band must be pleasing the right people (I don't want to be crude but I'm sure you know what I mean by that) to be getting the attention and coverage they are getting. 

Overall, though, it was a phenomenal weekend and one that will forever sit right up the very top of my list of best festival experiences. Some of the people I met (and subsequently formed a giant camp with) were the best people. Shout out Chinese Dave. 

It was a giant camp with some of the most amazing people in it! Never forget..

Chinese Dave Loves you! 

;-)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chinese Dave said:

It was a giant camp with some of the most amazing people in it! Never forget..

Chinese Dave Loves you! 

😉

I saw Chinese Dave Loves you a few times. T shirt made me smile 

PCR pre fest - Neg

Few LFT this week - Neg

PCR yesterday- Neg

i had a decent bounce at the front at Frank Carter and stood fairly close to others in tent. Here’s hoping that there’s a huge amount of negative tests post festival and we get back to live music 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Red Day said:

PCR pre fest - Neg

Few LFT this week - Neg

PCR yesterday- Neg

i had a decent bounce at the front at Frank Carter and stood fairly close to others in tent. Here’s hoping that there’s a huge amount of negative tests post festival and we get back to live music 

I agree with you as long as they get rid of a 3 test system just to get in. If we allow that we will just end up being a dictated time country like Russia.

Edited by thewayiam

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I agree with you as long as they get rid of a 3 test system just to get in. If we allow that we will just end up being a dictated time country like Russia.

I genuinely don't know what the answer is.  I agree about the dictatorship but I suppose if that's the rules just now to see some gigs, then I guess we either accept that or don't go. 

28 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I genuinely don't know what the answer is.  I agree about the dictatorship but I suppose if that's the rules just now to see some gigs, then I guess we either accept that or don't go. 

Nor do I pal but I fear if we accept it now it will just become accustom.

Surprised to see no reports of people being pinged this weekend as the post-festival PCR tests get processed.

I got pinged by the app last night (and gf too) and told to self-isolate for 4 days, followed an hour later by my test result - negative. I thought that might make me a free man but on scrutinizing da rulz I still have to see out the isolation period. Ho hum, a bit of a drag but no big deal for me.

Edited by kerplunk

11 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

Surprised to see no reports of people being pinged this weekend as the post-festival PCR tests get processed.

I got pinged by the app last night (and gf too) and told to self-isolate for 4 days, followed an hour later by my test result - negative. I thought that might make me a free man but on scrutinizing da rulz I still have to see out the isolation period. Ho hum, a bit of a drag but no big deal for me.

This app is trash. Your isolation time shows that you were in contact the same day as me and yet due to a shoddy notification system I've been isolating an extra 3 days this week. And others got notified a day or 2 before me as well and have been isolating for a full 10 days. Ridiculous system. 

17 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

This is exactly the bollocks I can't be doing with. Every day I isolate I'll lose money for it except for SSP. And if it's something I chose to go to that could result in that they probably won't pay it.

22 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This is exactly the bollocks I can't be doing with. Every day I isolate I'll lose money for it except for SSP. And if it's something I chose to go to that could result in that they probably won't pay it.

My sympathies. I'm lucky that I only lose 2 working days and don't have much work booked in next week anyway. It could easily have been a different story.

53 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

My sympathies. I'm lucky that I only lose 2 working days and don't have much work booked in next week anyway. It could easily have been a different story.

But that's what I mean. Base it on the everyday working person that hasn't been in a company long enough to get sick pay or isn't on salary and so time off sick is covered if you have been here long enough.

I had bluetooth on all week so feel very lucky not to have had a ping by the looks of it. PRC returned negative this morning as well which is welcome news although I took the test on Saturday morning so am surprised it took a while to come back. A couple of friends who I camped with have got the ping but both returned negative PCRs since as well which is even more good news. Hope people don't have too many horror stories to come out of this.

All tests negative, no pings on the app.

Strange thing about the QR code check-in thing though, it only records you as being at a venue up until 23:59 of the day you scan in.

And I didn't even think about re-scanning in on Saturday or Sunday mornings. 

So it only thinks I was there for the Friday.

Which leaves its functionality purely down to Bluetooth proximity.

2 hours ago, scrubbertheman said:

All tests negative, no pings on the app.

Strange thing about the QR code check-in thing though, it only records you as being at a venue up until 23:59 of the day you scan in.

And I didn't even think about re-scanning in on Saturday or Sunday mornings. 

So it only thinks I was there for the Friday.

Which leaves its functionality purely down to Bluetooth proximity.

I hadn't thought about that. I did scan in a couple of other times over the weekend at bars or food vans but I can't say that I saw anyone else doing the same.