Download Fest Pilot

Dukey

For my first time at Download and with worry about how I would feel being around so many people after so long, What a Weekend!!! Absolutely loved it. Hard to pick a favourite moment but seeing great bands, dancing, chatting to random people and feeling like a normal human again was incredible.  Thanks to everyone for making it such a special weekend.

• Upvote 1

Cant really express on a forum how much I enjoyed this weekend. I just loved seeing others happy, knowing that so many people were in the same position as me and missed live music and festivals just as much as I have. Best weekend since this shit started. 

Highlights - Getting a lump in my throat walking to the Death Blooms tent while The Vengaboys was on, Death Blooms, Boston Manor, Neck Deep, the £6 pints, Frank Carter’s whole set but more specifically bringing out Joe for My Town and the unexpected Motörhead cover, A doing a walking circle pit and just been unexpectedly fantastic and just a great time, saying hello to Milky from Wargasm and Loz from While She Sleeps, the silent disco, Enter Shikari, the meatless farm stand as this was the best food I ate all weekend and this comes from a meat eater - get this at all the festivals, that Creeper set - crickets got me and just everyone being an absolute legend. 

Lowlights - Having to leave early due to my partner having work on Monday but apart from that nothing, can I go back please? 

If you enjoyed the smaller British rock bands at this you might be interested in Burn It Down Festival in September which have some of the bands from the Download Pilot playing. 

Edited by foolee

7 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

To the sod who went to the festival with COVID and I came into contact with and now have to self-isolate. I hope you step on the largest amount of lego in existence while barefoot

Oh wow that’s fucking shitty. How did you find out it was somebody at the festival?

7 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Realistically it wouldn't be anywhere else if i'm being honest- i haven't gone anywhere bar the festival in about a week

That’s really unfortunate, and god knows how many others they might’ve infected. Maybe they weren’t aware and/or it came on during the festival, but maybe that’s just giving people too much credit and in fact some people are just shitty and don’t care about other people they’ll never see again. Unfortunately blissful ignorance has played a huge part in the denial and shrugging off of the virus for a lot of people. Hope you make a swift and full recovery!

Edited by FloorFiller

We got our PCR test results back Sunday and posted them Thursday evening so I guess it’s different for different people. Did a lateral flow Sunday night when we got home for piece of mind and was negative thankfully. My partner did and does them for work and both hers so far have been negative so that’s good news. It’s a shame some didn’t follow the rules but I think the organisers may have preempted that due to the self testing and it actually becomes a more effective test now to see how many people actually caught it, hopefully not many and there shouldn’t be due to everyone being outside. Just a bit **** for anyone that’s been told to isolate now

Love it. Didn’t see myself but we were stood pretty close by for a lot of the sets you went to!

There was one band I saw in the tent that entered in to a bit of the sultans of swing guitar solo. I can’t recall who it was. Anyone recall?

8 hours ago, Moey said:

Love it. Didn’t see myself but we were stood pretty close by for a lot of the sets you went to!

There was one band I saw in the tent that entered in to a bit of the sultans of swing guitar solo. I can’t recall who it was. Anyone recall?

Yes I remember commenting on that but don't recall which band it was!

14 hours ago, devilman said:

Did I catch anyone one here?

That's shit that she got her head cut open by the thrown can, there's just no need.

There wasn't a single set we were standing in a similar place, who was your act of the weekend?

After attending since 2011 I can honestly say this was my favourite year. I think it was because it was smaller, the urge to see live music, and the music was more to my taste compared to the usual dad rock. Also everyone just seemed so happy to be there.

Also I hope the Avalance stage next year has screens. That was dope.

3 hours ago, KingPin said:

That's shit that she got her head cut open by the thrown can, there's just no need.

There wasn't a single set we were standing in a similar place, who was your act of the weekend?

Creeper I think. Skindred were brilliant and just what I needed but I have seen them so many times the "special" has gone.

8 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

You've jumped the gun a bit there. We do these on Fri or Sat.

Aye Friday for the tests otherwise a waste of time.

28 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Yep, it's *on* the 5th day after you return. So on Friday if you left the festival on Sunday, on Saturday if you left the festival on Monday. 

Yeah, I getcha now. 
Sod it. Annoyed at myself for that. 
Well, either way, I hope everyone gets the big negs still!