Download Fest Pilot

Dukey

I'll be heading off from NE Scotland after work tomorrow to get myself well south for Friday.  Safe travels everyone and here's hoping we get a relatively dry weekend and the music is brilliant.  I cannot wait to see live music again. 😍

• Upvote 5

On 6/16/2021 at 7:24 AM, foolee said:

Yeah that's the part that makes it a test, to see how many positive people would attend in a real life situation and the impact on the other attendees this would have. If someone does go that is positive and it spreads (which is unlikely given the event is all outside) then all the people attending are doing is depriving themselves of festivals/gigs in the long run as that'll make it harder for them to open up. 

The tests aren't of equal accuracy though.

2 minutes ago, Moey said:

Doors open at 2pm. It seems that it’ll be quite a challenge to get everyone in, pitched, and ready for a 5pm start.

anyone seen whether there is appetite to open the doors sooner (ideally midday)?

Where have you seen 2? I thought it was 12. Blimey, that will be pushing it even if it is 10,000!

41 minutes ago, Moey said:

Doors open at 2pm. It seems that it’ll be quite a challenge to get everyone in, pitched, and ready for a 5pm start.

anyone seen whether there is appetite to open the doors sooner (ideally midday)?

Car Park is open from 10am, I think they'll start letting people in from 11-12

36 minutes ago, Moey said:

Where is that detailed? 

great if that is the case. 

Was a response to a question on twitter, surely they open it around 11-12, they can't get through 10k people checking covid tests and expect them all to be fully set up with tents etc and at the stages for music in 3 hours!

Not long now, just want to be there and set up. 😆 I can't wait to see the site in person, from the map and some of the pictures it looks like they've nailed it.

I'm intrigued to see what the age range is there, I really hope it's a mix like a usual Download year.

17 minutes ago, Galactus said:

Not long now, just want to be there and set up. 😆 I can't wait to see the site in person, from the map and some of the pictures it looks like they've nailed it.

I'm intrigued to see what the age range is there, I really hope it's a mix like a usual Download year.

This will be my first download, what a way to start! 

33 minutes ago, Galactus said:

I reckon it might even be a slight older crowd - only due to people hanging on to tix to get priority, so we might miss out on the local youngsters.

This crispy old sod is really up for it!

• Upvote 1

I'm sure they won't want photographs of people queueing in the rain in their masks for hours, they'll be doing all they can to get us through the gates as quickly as possible. I imagine 2pm is the official time but they will be opening earlier to clear out the people who inevitably turn up hours ahead of time.

26 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I'm sure they won't want photographs of people queueing in the rain in their masks for hours, they'll be doing all they can to get us through the gates as quickly as possible. I imagine 2pm is the official time but they will be opening earlier to clear out the people who inevitably turn up hours ahead of time.

Again never been to download but the camping festivals I have done always open gates a lot earlier than they state

51 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

You’d imagine this will be slightly different tho as there are longer checks with covid tests etc 

Hope so. Early entry will definitely be required if they don't want massive queues.