Download Fest Pilot

Dukey

Just now, theesundayroast said:

Just received my tests in the post which is good! When do people think it's best to take the first PCR test? The website suggests 24 hours so about midday on Thursday however I'm a little worried that If I didn't get my result back before arrival I could have to wait outside a while.

You don't need that one for entry. That's just for the goverment/scientists data.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Just received my tests in the post which is good! When do people think it's best to take the first PCR test? The website suggests 24 hours so about midday on Thursday however I'm a little worried that If I didn't get my result back before arrival I could have to wait outside a while.

You just need to take a lateral flow test on Friday morning and log that online.  

2 hours ago, Galactus said:

Anybody have an idea on which campsites will be loud / quiet? Don't suppose we'd know? 😄

The download forum are saying the blue is usually party time and a few on there are heading for blue for that reason.

Me, I'll be anywhere else but there - I'm also a tent = zzzzz time

• Upvote 1

Just did a practice flow test, did everything correctly and got a negative. Then submitted results online and received the message that I would show at Download to get in...

Wait, so if someone did test positive, they could literally be like "Oh well I'll just say I got a negative lol" and receive the same result as what I got legitimately.

Sounds so easy to abuse.

Edited by beetchez

52 minutes ago, beetchez said:

Just did a practice flow test, did everything correctly and got a negative. Then submitted results online and received the message that I would show at Download to get in...

Wait, so if someone did test positive, they could literally be like "Oh well I'll just say I got a negative lol" and receive the same result as what I got legitimately.

Sounds so easy to abuse.

Absolutely. It wouldn’t shock me if people did that. I won’t lie, I have considered it if I did test positive (I’ve tested negative today) but I couldn’t do it. Would be too selfish.

The PCR tests too, they are sent back right? So we do one before, then one when we’re back?

1 hour ago, beetchez said:

Sounds so easy to abuse.

Yep it's very reliant of people being trust worthy 

Yeah that's the part that makes it a test, to see how many positive people would attend in a real life situation and the impact on the other attendees this would have. If someone does go that is positive and it spreads (which is unlikely given the event is all outside) then all the people attending are doing is depriving themselves of festivals/gigs in the long run as that'll make it harder for them to open up. 

13 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

See the weather is starting to turn! Think I'll be packing some wellies just incase 

Yeah I wasn't planning on taking them but the Friday is looking like it's going to rain most of the afternoon/evening so I think I'll wear them on the way. 

2 minutes ago, JimMacVeigh said:

So I know Download never allows the entry on alcohol into the arena, but this time feels different. 
There’s surely no need to have a gate check for the arena like they usually do, so possibly can take your own drink in. 

you can definitely take your own drink to the stages, it's 1 space with stages and camping