Download Fest Pilot

Dukey

11 minutes ago, Galactus said:

I noticed the met and bbc are different yeh. Safer to go with the met office surely 😎

Seems as though the BBC is slowly transitioning to the met prediction, BBC had showers all day Friday but every update seems to be reducing that inline with what the met is forecasting which is minimal rain.

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Frustrating that it doesn't say how long everyone's playing for. Hopefully given there's no clashes they just play until the next act is about to come on.

Yeah you'd think everyone at the start will be playing half hour so it's safe to assume everyone is playing right up to the next band, probably give or take 5 minutes before the headliner.

As someone who has been pretty cautious throughout, it's going to be a bit of a shock to the system going into this in a couple of days time but I am so excited. I feel like a child!

I'm only going with my girlfriend and so we're more likely to be cautiously on the sidelines than in the mosh but just the idea of seeing proper live music in a field again is all I can think about this week.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My tests have arrived this morning, so excited but still can't believe I'll be at a festival this weekend. I don't think it'll hit me until I've got my wristband on, tent up and I'm sipping my first beer surrounded by 10,000 people. Sounds like pure bliss! 

FYI - Just seen this on the website regarding the shuttle buses for anyone not driving - Single and return journeys will be charged at a £10 flat rate. Please bring £10 cash as the shuttles are not equipped for card transactions.

14 minutes ago, foolee said:

My tests have arrived this morning, so excited but still can't believe I'll be at a festival this weekend. I don't think it'll hit me until I've got my wristband on, tent up and I'm sipping my first beer surrounded by 10,000 people. Sounds like pure bliss! 

FYI - Just seen this on the website regarding the shuttle buses for anyone not driving - Single and return journeys will be charged at a £10 flat rate. Please bring £10 cash as the shuttles are not equipped for card transactions.

I'm exactly like you.  Won't believe it's happening until I'm there.  Don't know if anyone lives near the site and can confirm there's a stage up and stalls in the arena

2 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I'm exactly like you.  Won't believe it's happening until I'm there.  Don't know if anyone lives near the site and can confirm there's a stage up and stalls in the arena

It's actually mental just thinking about it so when I'm there and all set up I'll be so happy! 

Don't live near the site but this map is available now which shows markets, food etc. https://downloadfestival.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/DL21_Pilot_Map_013.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1kt3Twenxru4s_gCRBYf--hRlxDs7-2OvA-Vqjl2ffQzJIIQQsVxTl498&_ga=2.144094133.1814377101.1623651599-256764929.1620993093

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, foolee said:

It's actually mental just thinking about it so when I'm there and all set up I'll be so happy! 

Don't live near the site but this map is available now which shows markets, food etc. https://downloadfestival.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/DL21_Pilot_Map_013.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1kt3Twenxru4s_gCRBYf--hRlxDs7-2OvA-Vqjl2ffQzJIIQQsVxTl498&_ga=2.144094133.1814377101.1623651599-256764929.1620993093

Brilliant, cheers for the link.  Looks fabulous.  Bloody long drive from Aberdeen but it'll be well worth it