Download Fest Pilot

Dukey

Be pretty tricky to avoid spoilers of the football lets be honest.

Just think how we'll be at a festival with 10,000 other people, no restrictions and actual live music while the rest of the country has to either watch the football at home or sat at a table in a pub in a group of 6 ordering beers through some terrible app

I plan on being so intoxicated and happy watching whoever is on to entirely forget about the footy!

Anyone know what the campsites are like (granted they're slightly different to normal Download ones)? If I'm going up and down hills all weekend I might not make it to Sunday!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

I plan on being so intoxicated and happy watching whoever is on to entirely forget about the footy!

Anyone know what the campsites are like (granted they're slightly different to normal Download ones)? If I'm going up and down hills all weekend I might not make it to Sunday!

I’ve not camped at download for many years, but I don’t remember any hills or anything when I did camp. 
With this being a scaled down version, I think it’ll be all flat. 

10 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Anyone know how much a case of beer/cider will cost in the shop at the festival? Quite cautious of the alcohol restrictions.

You'd imagine slightly more expensive than normal supermarkets, was thinking about alcohol restrictions, reality is they're going take a while getting through everyone's negative tests etc are they really then going to rummage through all your bags in case you've got a couple extra cans? 

The campsites, plus parking, are all within the arena space. From looking at the map I think the car park and one of the camping areas will be where the campervans usually are and then the other 2 campsites are at the top of the hill where the merch and one of the tents usually are.

11 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Anyone know how much a case of beer/cider will cost in the shop at the festival? Quite cautious of the alcohol restrictions.

I can't imagine they'll sell alcohol in the festival shop if the arena is in with the campsite as this would adversely effect the bar sales.

10 hours ago, foolee said:

I can't imagine they'll sell alcohol in the festival shop if the arena is in with the campsite as this would adversely effect the bar sales.

The site says the following:

There will also be food and drink available on site, including a supermarket