Download Fest Pilot

Dukey

Really appreciating all the recommendations on here. I fall into the category was desperate for a festival so just grabbed a ticket on my own. it's not my usual type of music although Frank carter, Enter Shikari and Frank turner 3 of my favourite acts I hardly know anyone else but listening now some of these are absolute class. Cant wait now

15 hours ago, JimMacVeigh said:

Top 3 bands everyone is looking forward to? 
They’re not in my top 3, but I think Bullet will really attempt to pull out the stops. While it’s not regular Download, the fact they’re finally headlining it in some capacity is going to be massive for them, so I reckon they’ll be the most motivated they’ve been in years to put on a proper top quality show. 

For me it's the 2 Franks, seen Frank T a bunch of times and Frank C 2 or 3 times, determined to get involved with the women only crowd surf this time. If Frank T plays The Next Storm it may well be my first live music tears in quite a while - a perfect song for the situation. 

Been listening to the rest of the playlist and really enjoying nearly everything, only a few on my 'no thanks' list but a girl's got to eat, pee and go to the bar at some point. 

• Upvote 1

I'm so intrigued to find out how 'busy' it will feel when I'm there... like how much space there will be in the camping fields and at the arena stages. I imagine for obvious reasons it's gonna be quite spacious. 10k really is not alot in the grand scheme of things.

26 minutes ago, Galactus said:

I'm so intrigued to find out how 'busy' it will feel when I'm there... like how much space there will be in the camping fields and at the arena stages. I imagine for obvious reasons it's gonna be quite spacious. 10k really is not alot in the grand scheme of things.

Have you been to 2000trees before? I am expecting it to be a lot like that - it never feels busy until the headliners.

49 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

It's now "sold out" - conveniently just before the deadline to respond to the survey.

I'm going to assume that they have had to cut off sales at this point and any tix left over will just be given to people in the industry.

Can't have been many tix left tbf, not been able to get the +1 for a while

Edit: Actually, scratch that my mate got it wrong 

Edited by Hawky

2 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

It's now "sold out" - conveniently just before the deadline to respond to the survey.

I'm going to assume that they have had to cut off sales at this point and any tix left over will just be given to people in the industry.

Ahhh. Was hoping a mate would get a ticket. Ah well. 
We reckon anymore will go up on sale? I can’t remember if any did for the other pilot events in Liverpool?

5 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

Have you been to 2000trees before? I am expecting it to be a lot like that - it never feels busy until the headliners.

No I haven't but I booked tickets for this year which I was looking forward to. 😞

Smallest festival I've been to is Slam Dunk south and that's what 15-20k?

While I'm incredibly excited to get back to live music and very happy to have my ticket, does anyone think/ hope they may show the England Scotland game on the second stage with the smaller Friday lineup? 

It feels strangely selfish to be thinking about football on the first festival back, but it's the only game i'm wanting to watch over that weekend, I promise! 

7 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

While I'm incredibly excited to get back to live music and very happy to have my ticket, does anyone think/ hope they may show the England Scotland game on the second stage with the smaller Friday lineup? 

It feels strangely selfish to be thinking about football on the first festival back, but it's the only game i'm wanting to watch over that weekend, I promise! 

They've confirmed on Twitter that they won't be showing it. 

Maybe you could record it, avoid spoiling it for yourself online and watch it when you get home 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Been confirmed by Download, on twitter I think that they won't be showing the football. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foolee said:

Been confirmed by Download, on twitter I think that they won't be showing the football. 

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They've confirmed on Twitter that they won't be showing it. 

Maybe you could record it, avoid spoiling it for yourself online and watch it when you get home 🙂 

Thanks both! I've got a feeling it'll be incredibly hard to avoid any spoilers so may just take a little FM radio with me. I'm sure there will be many in the same situation so we'll work something out! 

31 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I’m leaving mid day Sunday to get home and get out in time to watch Wales v Italy game. No shame 

11 minutes ago, Shikari20 said:

I’m leaving mid day Sunday to get home and get out in time to watch Wales v Italy game. No shame 

Power to you! I did consider just coming down on Saturday morning although it then feels a bit of a waste having booked the Friday off, then there's the tent space situation and the fact there's plenty of bands I want to see before kick off. I'm sure I'll find a way to manage the two but I can't fault your plan at all there