Download Fest Pilot

Dukey

1 hour ago, Galactus said:

First you said 'Truth is can people be arsed with all the testing that goes with'. Now you're saying the lateral tests are dodgy. I only asked if it was sold out and you started blaming the festival again.

How is that blaming the festival though?, that's questioning whether certain tests are safe? That's piss all to do with what the festivalling are booking. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

People going don’t have to pay for the PCR tests, they’re free of charge due to it being a research event. 

You are fully in your rights to not do test, yes, but you commented that testing is the main reason why people aren’t buying tickets for this and I’ve expressed why I believe that to be false. 

You seem to take most things as a personal dig at you when it isn’t. 

That's fair enough on the cost covered PCR.

No, I've said if the tests aren't the main reason then what else is there? And that I don't believe that at that capacity it wouldn't have been fully taken too if it covered people's want enough.

Nope, I think people take what I've said and turn into into shit I've said which I haven't. 

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's fair enough on the cost covered PCR.

No, I've said if the tests aren't the main reason then what else is there? And that I don't believe that at that capacity it wouldn't have been fully taken too if it covered people's want enough.

Nope, I think people take what I've said and turn into into shit I've said which I haven't. 

I also think it's partially do to people still concerned about going back to normality, with all these variants going around a lot of people would find the fact there is a non distanced non masked event occurring in 2 weeks quite concerning (for the record i'm going and can't wait). I think there's lots of factors to consider why it hasn't sold out yet, I am shocked in all honesty though, I didn't even think tickets would make general sale!

I think it’s not sold out due to getting time off for work (I’m lucky, I got the Monday off ASAP and I finish at 12pm Friday, so I don’t even need that off), I think possibly cost (£120 is a good price, but for a last minute expense, might be too much for some people), new variants, some people might not feel comfortable around a large group of people after spending over a year in more isolated situations…probably the lineup too isn’t for everyone’s tastes. Whatever the reason, that’s fine. 

I can’t wait to go, I’m so excited. It’ll be pretty emotional to be honest! I bet it bloody pisses it down…😂

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

I also think it's partially do to people still concerned about going back to normality, with all these variants going around a lot of people would find the fact there is a non distanced non masked event occurring in 2 weeks quite concerning (for the record i'm going and can't wait). I think there's lots of factors to consider why it hasn't sold out yet, I am shocked in all honesty though, I didn't even think tickets would make general sale!

I think there is an element of people not as massively infused as people are on here. If you go by on here, it wouldn't matter the current numbers etc, they want an event back.

Oh I didn't foresee it flying out. I follow rock music and don't even know about 12 bands on the lineup.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I think there is an element of people not as massively infused as people are on here. If you go by on here, it wouldn't matter the current numbers etc, they want an event back.

Oh I didn't foresee it flying out. I follow rock music and don't even know about 12 bands on the lineup.

I'll be honest- i probably fall into the niche of just wanting to go to a gig! I booked a ticket knowing about 7 names tops, listening through spotify's to see if there is anyone else I'd be interested in seeing

5 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

I'll be honest- i probably fall into the niche of just wanting to go to a gig! I booked a ticket knowing about 7 names tops, listening through spotify's to see if there is anyone else I'd be interested in seeing

That's fair. As I say I'd have never attended it. I meant more niche of the bands but yes I get you. I'm happy to wait for my gigs and hopefully November will be ok.

Whether I knew the bands or not, it’s download and I’ll be there. Part of the enjoyment is discovering new bands.

I’m genuinely surprised it hasn’t sold out. If you look at the price, for a full weekend plus car parking plus getting 2 tests sent to you plus being able to take your own booze in. It’ll be by far the cheapest download I’ve ever been to, and I’d wager that the atmosphere will be one of the best.

time off work, I completely get that and I’m gutted for those that would want to go, but can’t. I also get that people may not be totally comfortable with the current situation. In truth, I think it’s going to feel very strange when we’re all in there. 

The festival can’t come soon enough for me. 

Top 3 bands everyone is looking forward to? 
They’re not in my top 3, but I think Bullet will really attempt to pull out the stops. While it’s not regular Download, the fact they’re finally headlining it in some capacity is going to be massive for them, so I reckon they’ll be the most motivated they’ve been in years to put on a proper top quality show. 

11 minutes ago, JimMacVeigh said:

They’re not in my top 3, but I think Bullet will really attempt to pull out the stops. While it’s not regular Download, the fact they’re finally headlining it in some capacity is going to be massive for them, so I reckon they’ll be the most motivated they’ve been in years to put on a proper top quality show. 

Enter Shikari - they’re my favourite band and I’ve bloody missed them. It’s going to be great to finally hear that last album live too. They’re also special to me and my partner as we met at one of their gigs four years ago (yeah, yeah, mushy bollock) so we are both hugely looking forward to their set. They’re going to have to lay some hay down the amount I know I’ll be blubbing throughout their set 😂

Lotus Eater - love this band because they just slam so hard. I’m really keen to see the new lineup and material live. One of the best out and out heavy young bands in the UK. 

Static Dress - only listened to them for the first time a few days ago but I’m blown away by them already. I haven’t been as excited about a new band as I am with these since I discovered Lotus Eater a few years ago. 

46 minutes ago, JimMacVeigh said:

Wargasm, bleed from within and Frank carter 🤘

44 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Enter Shikari - they’re my favourite band and I’ve bloody missed them. It’s going to be great to finally hear that last album live too. They’re also special to me and my partner as we met at one of their gigs four years ago (yeah, yeah, mushy bollock) so we are both hugely looking forward to their set. They’re going to have to lay some hay down the amount I know I’ll be blubbing throughout their set 😂

Lotus Eater - love this band because they just slam so hard. I’m really keen to see the new lineup and material live. One of the best out and out heavy young bands in the UK. 

Static Dress - only listened to them for the first time a few days ago but I’m blown away by them already. I haven’t been as excited about a new band as I am with these since I discovered Lotus Eater a few years ago. 

Ahhh beautiful story regarding Shikari!

Ill go with…

A (I bloody love them)

While She Sleeps

And I think I’ll go with…fuck it, Lonely the Brave. I’ve not seen them with the new singer yet. 

• Upvote 1

While She Sleeps - Love the new album so very excited to see them. 

Wargasm - New band to see live and known/love all the stuff they've released so far. 

Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes - Always great live and should be a good start to the weekend.

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Highly recommend checking out Malevolence

• Upvote 1

Frank Carter, who was actually the last band I saw before coivd.

Frank Turner, I'm a big fan and I'm looking forward to big crowd singalongs.

Skindred, I'm really looking forward to their pit and the Newport Helicopter.

The Wildhearts, Creeper and Elvana should be fun too.

does anyone know if there’s going to be a co-op? And if not will there be anywhere to get cheaper food and ice without leaving the site?

also

of the main campsites is there a quieter and a busier one? I know it’s not a usual year but I’ve never been to download before so would be good to get an insight 

1 hour ago, lukecork said:

Highly recommend checking out Malevolence

I love that band! If you see someone during their set wearing their Nike football top they brought out last year with GOOEY 25 on the back, come and say 'Hi' as that'll be me 😄 

Enter Shikari (probably my favourite band)

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes (last band I saw pre-COVID)

Frank Turner (person I've probably seen the most)

It's perfect for me! Boston Manor and Holding Absence will be great, really excited for Trash Boat too

23 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

does anyone know if there’s going to be a co-op? And if not will there be anywhere to get cheaper food and ice without leaving the site?

also

of the main campsites is there a quieter and a busier one? I know it’s not a usual year but I’ve never been to download before so would be good to get an insight 

On the website under the food and drink part of FAQ's it mentions a supermarket, you'd imagine that's a co-op

• Upvote 1