Download Fest Pilot

Dukey

15 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Friday clashes with England v Scotland 😕

Great line up, would like to go but couldn't miss that game

You’d imagine they’d have somewhere to watch the game in all honesty, I’m a massive football fan but I’d rather go see Boston Manor, Neck deep etc live😂

15 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Friday clashes with England v Scotland 😕

Great line up, would like to go but couldn't miss that game

Personally don’t think football belongs at a festival. I’m shocked that it’s the first festival/live music event in over a year and people are asking that to be shown and would willingly watch it over bands. Don’t mean to sound harsh but anyone wanting to watch the football could always not go to this and watch it at home so others can just enjoy music and the festival. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, foolee said:

Personally don’t think football belongs at a festival. I’m shocked that it’s the first festival/live music event in over a year and people are asking that to be shown and would willingly watch it over bands. Don’t mean to sound harsh but anyone wanting to watch the football could always not go to this and watch it at home so others can just enjoy music and the festival. 

To be fair, he is saying that he’s going to watch it at home and not go.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I think we’ll have Sleep Token, Creeper and Frank Turner headlining the tent. 

Is the second stage in a tent? Oh my days, even better...

Edit: just relooked at the map, that very much does look like a tent! 😁

Edited by Galactus

35 minutes ago, Galactus said:

Is the second stage in a tent? Oh my days, even better...

Edit: just relooked at the map, that very much does look like a tent! 😁

I had an E-Mail offering me the chance to apply to volunteer.

It confirmed some of the basics including an open stage and a tented stage:

There will be one arena that will enclose the whole festival. This includes the campsite, the two stages and the traders. The main stage will be an open-air stage and second will be in a tent.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

No - I want to, but annoyingly it's set for the one weekend I can't do.

That's annoying for you. 

First time I've worried about getting a place for a very long time. Be interesting to see what demand is like. I assume high. And how many places there are for that matter

2 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

That's annoying for you. 

First time I've worried about getting a place for a very long time. Be interesting to see what demand is like. I assume high. And how many places there are for that matter

Literally the first weekend in nearly 18 months that I've had plans that can't really move..

Yeah, I think high demand. My guess is that places are going to be a combination of fastest finger first and sheer luck in terms of when they press refresh. While I don't know how many places there are, or how many are on the list, given that the list that's being used is almost all very regular volunteers I have to assume a large majority of those who received invitations will be applying. Just about everyone will have a deposit lodged already, and so signing up is literally going to be a case of 2/3 clicks and done - I suspect that some people will see the "sold out" message before they even see it go live.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Literally the first weekend in nearly 18 months that I've had plans that can't really move..

Yeah, I think high demand. My guess is that places are going to be a combination of fastest finger first and sheer luck in terms of when they press refresh. While I don't know how many places there are, or how many are on the list, given that the list that's being used is almost all very regular volunteers I have to assume a large majority of those who received invitations will be applying. Just about everyone will have a deposit lodged already, and so signing up is literally going to be a case of 2/3 clicks and done - I suspect that some people will see the "sold out" message before they even see it go live.

Yeah, I did think the 'if all places aren't filled we'll open it up to everyone' caveat probably wasn't needed

What bands are you looking forward to, if you manage to get a ticket that is?

For me, this is easily my favourite lineup and I really hope I can get a ticket. Nothing against regular Download but it seems to cater to the older audience nowadays. I'm 28 and I'm much more into the "Slam Dunk" style bands.

Neck Deep, Boston Manor, Holding Absence, Hot Milk, Shikari, While She Sleeps, Creeper, Twin Atlantic, Yonaka, Vukovi, The Hara, Bleed From Within, Bullet, Trash Boat, Cassyette, Saint Agnes... And they're just the bands I want to see.

Bands like Skindred and Frank Carter/Turner I'm not too fussed about, but I'd still watch them if i'm not in another crowd.

8 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Yeah, I did think the 'if all places aren't filled we'll open it up to everyone' caveat probably wasn't needed

Good luck with it, though - the philosophy I always take with things like this and Glastonbury tickets is "someone's going to get in, so I might as well make sure it's me" which generally works out well. Could always practice to get the clicks needed down to an art-form - just don't accidentally sign up for Reading in the process.

7 hours ago, incident said:

Good luck with it, though - the philosophy I always take with things like this and Glastonbury tickets is "someone's going to get in, so I might as well make sure it's me" which generally works out well. Could always practice to get the clicks needed down to an art-form - just don't accidentally sign up for Reading in the process.

Thanks. And could you imagine? Shudder.

1 hour ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Anyone else confused about the presale? It says on the DL website that we will be sent the links on Tuesday at 12, and that it will go on sale at that time. Surely this is just adding a lot of unnecessary stress having to try and receive the email then access the sale at the same time?

Someone on ticketmaster's twitter said presale emails will be sent before tickets go live at midday, so you probably don't need to worry about that.

Also sounds like it may be a "free for all" presale link, rather than unique codes, to gain access. According to the email response someone else got anyway...

20210530_115113.jpg

Edited by 6daviesdr
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 6daviesdr said:

Someone on ticketmaster's twitter said presale emails will be sent before tickets go live at midday, so you probably don't need to worry about that.

Also sounds like it may be a "free for all" presale link, rather than unique codes, to gain access. According to the email response someone else got anyway...

20210530_115113.jpg

Perfect, exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks