Download Fest Pilot

Dukey

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

According to an ITK fella on the DL forums, the following are all playing (he’s hinted at them all): Enter Shikari, While She Sleeps, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

Surely that’s your three headliners then if that’s the case? Can’t imagine anybody bigger slotting in above any of them myself.

edit: actually I got confused and thought While She Sleeps were bigger. Maybe not headliner for them?

Edited by FloorFiller

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Surely that’s your three headliners then if that’s the case? Can’t imagine anybody bigger slotting in above any of them myself.

edit: actually I got confused and thought While She Sleeps were bigger. Maybe not headliner for them?

Bullet For My Valentine, Enter Shikari, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes is my guess for headliners. 

Sleeps would be a good sub. 

Edited by Andre91

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Bullet For My Valentine, Enter Shikari, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes is my guess for headliners. 

Sleeps would be a good sub. 

For £120? You having a laugh? B4MV as a headliner?, are they even a Brixton band now. A sub yes which they won't take but that's it.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

For £120? You having a laugh? B4MV as a headliner?, are they even a Brixton band now. A sub yes which they won't take but that's it.

£120 for a 3 day festival including camping is solid, they'll be plenty of bands there that have been out of work for 16 months.

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Not if it contains headlining bands that are smaller than what Truck have booked.

But Truck is an actual, proper festival. This is not.

You're making the mistake of viewing this as an actual Download Festival. It isn't. It is a limited capacity tester event with the Download branding whacked on it. The capacity is 10k, you aren't going to get multimillionaire Iron Maiden or a stadium sized band like Muse rocking up to play for no fee (none of the acts are receiving a fee to play, they're only having travel, accommodation costs etc. paid for). 

Something like Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Enter Shikari and Bullet For My Valentine would be a good trio for a 10k event. All three would attract crowds far, far larger than 10k on a normal year at Download but this isn't a normal Download. 

Music on the Friday is 5pm-11pm and then 11am-11pm on the other days. £120 is an excellent price.

I find it quite baffling that some people are already moaning about the lineup for an event that could very well prove to be the most important event of the last 15 months in terms of the impact it is going to have. Everyone should be super excited that this is even happening. Normality is on the horizon. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Just now, lukecork said:

I wonder if Malevolence will play, does anybody know if they're actually banned from playing download after their 2014 set or is it just an internet rumor?

They played in 2018 🙂 although that was the year they were supposedly told they weren't allowed to play the tent again. I think there's a good chance of them being there, though.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

But Truck is an actual, proper festival. This is not.

You're making the mistake of viewing this as an actual Download Festival. It isn't. It is a limited capacity tester event with the Download branding whacked on it. The capacity is 10k, you aren't going to get multimillionaire Iron Maiden or a stadium sized band like Muse rocking up to play for no fee (none of the acts are receiving a fee to play, they're only having travel, accommodation costs etc. paid for). 

Something like Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Enter Shikari and Bullet For My Valentine would be a good trio for a 10k event. All three would attract crowds far, far larger than 10k on a normal year at Download but this isn't a normal Download. 

Music on the Friday is 5pm-11pm and then 11am-11pm on the other days. £120 is an excellent price.

I find it quite baffling that some people are already moaning about the lineup for an event that could very well prove to be the most important event of the last 15 months in terms of the impact it is going to have. Everyone should be super excited that this is even happening. Normality is on the horizon. 

I'm not making a mistake with anything. If I was making the mistake you believe I am then I'd have compared the headliner size yo something bigger than Truck. Instead I compared it to a festival that is comparable in both size and cost.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm not making a mistake with anything. If I was making the mistake you believe I am then I'd have compared the headliner size yo something bigger than Truck. Instead I compared it to a festival that is comparable in both size and cost.

This pilot isn’t comparable to anything. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's a pilot event. At the end of the day the lineup doesn't matter. It isn't about the lineup. It's about finding out if such events can happen as we exit the Pandemic. People WILL pay £120 to see 3 days of live music without any restrictions whatever the lineup. 

• Upvote 2