Download Fest Pilot

Dukey

1 minute ago, Dukey said:

Be surprised with them headlining 2022

I thought that, very active band though and a new album coming out, would be easier than bringing in a big band over seas too if it's going to be UK bands only, they're arguably one of the biggest.

They're still planning on doing that tour of small shows in October too which have been delayed numerous times.

28 minutes ago, lukecork said:

I thought that, very active band though and a new album coming out, would be easier than bringing in a big band over seas too if it's going to be UK bands only, they're arguably one of the biggest.

They're still planning on doing that tour of small shows in October too which have been delayed numerous times.

This is surely just a case of name a small to sub-headline size British acts and cross your fingers.

Architects, Bullet For My Valentine, Enter Shikari, YMAS, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Nova Twins, Gallows, Boston Manor, Don Broco, Neck Deep, Creeper, Bob Vylan, Skindred, Dinosaur Pile-Up. Maneskin as an EU curveball?

Edited by andyrhodes24

Just now, andyrhodes24 said:

This is surely just a case of name a small to sub-headline size British acts and cross your fingers.

Architects, Enter Shikari, YMAS, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Nova Twins, Gallows, Boston Manor, Don Broco, Neck Deep, Creeper, Bob Vylan, Skindred, Dinosaur Pile-Up. Maneskin as an EU curveball?

Completely agree, Gallows may be a tricky one with Wade living in north america but would love to see them active again!

19 minutes ago, beetchez said:

A rather unrealistic lineup prediction. Too many bands I like.

6758695.png

I'd say something similar if you remove the top line and replace with the Zippo headliners but maybe have Architects at the top instead of Bullet or Enter Shikari. 

The headliners won't be massive as the tickets are only £120 each so looking at usual 3rd/subs as headliners. 

24 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Anyone else think the lineup will be significantly weaker due to the 120 quid ticket, hope not the case all I want is a BMTH headliner set

The line up will be significantly weaker (but still strong)but its all about opinion, Download  will be unable to bring over huge names. But  If the capacity is 10k you're looking for bands like Architects stepping up to headliner slots or maybe some already established UK bands that'll be happy to play. Who knows what to expect though, Bring me the horizon could very well play as they have a UK tour in Sept and this could be treated as warm up shows for many bands that have been out of live work for X amount of months.

Edited by lukecork

19 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Anyone else think the lineup will be significantly weaker due to the 120 quid ticket, hope not the case all I want is a BMTH headliner set

Oh yeah. I’m not expecting 3 giant headliners like we usually get. I think it’ll be sub/second stage level bands headlining, with maybe someone like Biffy who are always keen to play anywhere being the only massive one. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Oh yeah. I’m not expecting 3 giant headliners like we usually get. I think it’ll be sub/second stage level bands headlining, with maybe someone like Biffy who are always keen to play anywhere being the only massive one. 

I'd personally like to see some of BMTH, Don Broco, Neck Deep, You Me At Six, While She Sleeps and Holding Absence somewhere on the lineup!

6 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

I'd personally like to see some of BMTH, Don Broco, Neck Deep, You Me At Six, While She Sleeps and Holding Absence somewhere on the lineup!

Me too 🙂 I'd love to see lots of younger, exciting British bands on the lineup: Employed To Serve, Conjurer, Venom Prison, Nova Twins, Holding Absence, Wargasm, for example. 

I would be willing to bet a large sum of money on Skindred being there 😛 

I think lot of bands could be interested to play on this festival, even if they had to get a lower fee than usual. Be back on stage, try new songs, etc. I saw Skindred mentioned but I doubt they'll play there as they're sub-headliner at Bloodstock in August. Same for While She SleepsBury TomorrowDon Broco because of the Slam Dunk early September. 

Anyway. Really looking forward to see the line-up on Friday!