Trolley recommendations

brixesmith

Hello all,

I haven't been to the festival for over ten years, but happily am going camping at Worthy Pastures this summer - a good way to get my fix after so long and introduce my kids to the mythical place me and their dad have been banging on about for so long.

One fly in the ointment is that I was diagnosed with MS a few years ago, and my days of being able to tramp over the site to my camping place with all my stuff on my back are well and truly over. I've also had to stop driving, and my husband can't drive either, so we'll be getting a cab from Castle Cary to the site.

I've been talking to the organisers about where I can camp to minimise the distance we need to cart our stuff, however I still have a bit of a dilemma - as I won't be able to carry anything I think we need to get a luggage trolley to efficiently get all our stuff from cab to tent and I don't know what the best trolley to get is as I've never had to use one. Can any of you wise people advise? We will need to bring it on the train and fit it in the cab so it'll need to be fairly compact or foldable.

Many thanks for any advice x

4 hours ago, brixesmith said:

Hello all,

I haven't been to the festival for over ten years, but happily am going camping at Worthy Pastures this summer - a good way to get my fix after so long and introduce my kids to the mythical place me and their dad have been banging on about for so long.

One fly in the ointment is that I was diagnosed with MS a few years ago, and my days of being able to tramp over the site to my camping place with all my stuff on my back are well and truly over. I've also had to stop driving, and my husband can't drive either, so we'll be getting a cab from Castle Cary to the site.

I've been talking to the organisers about where I can camp to minimise the distance we need to cart our stuff, however I still have a bit of a dilemma - as I won't be able to carry anything I think we need to get a luggage trolley to efficiently get all our stuff from cab to tent and I don't know what the best trolley to get is as I've never had to use one. Can any of you wise people advise? We will need to bring it on the train and fit it in the cab so it'll need to be fairly compact or foldable.

Many thanks for any advice x

Hi, try using the search function at the top of this page.  i've just searched on 'trolley' and there are quite a few threads and links discussing them.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to link to a thread from here!

Enjoy the camping!

Whatever you choose get one with proper tyres as the ground is unforgiving on the cheap solid ones especially if muddy. If there is a route from drop off to your tent via a metal roadway then you may be ok if it’s dry with just an old roller suitcase or shopping trolley though. If you have to go via hardcore roads then tyres are better. 

To add to the above post - please remember that any quoted "weight limit" usually assumes best possible conditions - a perfectly flat floor, the trolley being evenly loaded, being pushed at a steady speed, and not having a crate of Stella duct taped to the underside.

Take that weight limit, and cut it at least in half (I'd probably go to about a quarter) it to get something closer to the reality in a festival environment. And yeah, a trolley with good wheels/suspension will get closer to the stated limit than one with nasty solid plastic wheels.

I've not checked the previous threads that were linked so I've probably said words to this effect on at least one of them - but that's because it's good advice.