Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

1 hour ago, mpdow2 said:

Have managed to get some tickets for the final. Question - are there any pubs I should be booking for some pre-game atmosphere or should we just get some cans and stay on the street near the stadium?

Wembley is a terrible stadium for pubs. If you're getting off at Wembley park and really want to go the pub there is the torch just up road. Then a couple of corner shops selling cans you could get some drinks and hang around Wembley way.

Personally i'd just get cans and go to Wembley way. 

1 minute ago, august1 said:

Wembley is a terrible stadium for pubs. If you're getting off at Wembley park and really want to go the pub there is the torch just up road. Then a couple of corner shops selling cans you could get some drinks and hang around Wembley way.

Personally i'd just get cans and go to Wembley way. 

Unless you’re in there right now you have no chance of getting into the Torch anyway.

I still think there a few tickets left.

I've got a page tracker set up and there was some released, 7.45-8.15 last night. Was out and missed the sale at 1 but I keep getting pinged to say tickets available, adding them to your basket and checking out is a different matter.

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'll be doing cans on Wembley Way after checking into my hotel and having some lunch. 🙂

Cans are already purchased and in the fridge. Discovered the hard way before Denmark that they’re pretty hard to come by anywhere near a station going to Wembley…

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Cans are already purchased and in the fridge. Discovered the hard way before Denmark that they’re pretty hard to come by anywhere near a station going to Wembley…

The Co-op on Wembley Way were selling prior to the Germany game...but that was mid afternoon and with only a 40k capacity.

Wondering if it might be worth buying a four pack today and sticking them in my bag that I'm taking for the hotel

Last two matches I've done lunch in Covent Garden and quick couple of pints in Leicester Square where atmosphere has been good then tube up to Wembley Way for tinnies for a hour or so then into the stadium 45 mins before KO. Will be doing the same again tomorrow! 

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I just pray to god there are no ugly scenes outside the ground with ticketless people trying to get in or whatever.

I'll be going in the ground an hour before kick off I think.

There will be. Which is why I’m going for the “sneak beers past the first checkpoint” strategy.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There will be. Which is why I’m going for the “sneak beers past the first checkpoint” strategy.

What makes you guys think they'll be an issue? I've not seen anything like that for previous matches?

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeh I'm fairly sure I didn't get searched at the bottom of the stairs but I might be wrong on that. 

My brothers bag got searched/checked but I can't recall getting anything myself (I had left my bag in my car)

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh I'm fairly sure I didn't get searched at the bottom of the stairs but I might be wrong on that. 

My brothers bag got searched/checked but I can't recall getting anything myself (I had left my bag in my car)

My mate’s brought a bag each time and nobody has looked in it.

Gonna but a scarf and programme on the way so will have those in there anyway.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It was pretty moody round by the arena on Wednesday.

I was there for a good hour and aside of idiots launching cans right in that massive huddle i didnt see anything unpleasant, i do keep back from the total carnage though as i got caught in the head with a  thrown beer bottle after the quarter final win in the world cup and that wasn't a great end to my evening!

10 minutes ago, RossTC said:

I was there for a good hour and aside of idiots launching cans right in that massive huddle i didnt see anything unpleasant, i do keep back from the total carnage though as i got caught in the head with a  thrown beer bottle after the quarter final win in the world cup and that wasn't a great end to my evening!

Walked through it about an hour before kick off and was twat central.

I could be having a better finale eve.

I just found out I’ve been put on a pub ban list (place cancelled for tomorrow) for “drug possession and aggression” from the place I watched the Ukraine game.

I’m as tame as they come, so it’s a 1000% mistaken identity / cock-up but they aren’t having it.

🤒

Edited by Radiochicken

5 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Pretty pathetic and sad.

What a poxy nation bitter nation 😀

It’s pretty embarrassing for many Scots like me that such things go on up here.  That ‘newspaper’ is a mouthpiece for the snp that's ignored sex scandals and financial improprieties in their party. It's run by the party for the party. Please don’t think we are all like that. I detest when sturgeon or blackford stand up in Parliament and say on behalf of the people of Scotland, they don’t speak for me and a majority of Scots. To be honest such headlines just prove how immature and insecure nationalists are. Best of luck to England tomorrow night, it will be tough but win or lose they can hold their heads high having done the whole country proud. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s pretty embarrassing for many Scots like me that such things go on up here.  That ‘newspaper’ is a mouthpiece for the snp that's ignored sex scandals and financial improprieties in their party. It's run by the party for the party. Please don’t think we are all like that. I detest when sturgeon or blackford stand up in Parliament and say on behalf of the people of Scotland, they don’t speak for me and a majority of Scots. To be honest such headlines just prove how immature and insecure nationalists are. Best of luck to England tomorrow night, it will be tough but win or lose they can hold their heads high having done the whole country proud. 

I mean...it's kind of a funny front page, is it not?  I know you are very much against Scottish independence and SNP etc., but I'm sure most Scots want England to lose. And Welsh. And Irish.