Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

18 minutes ago, oneeye said:

An hour to kick off, beers and nibbles flowing, crap footie anthems on, I feel almost alive and kicking for the first time in quite a while. Of course we all should be thinking packing lists this weekend if it wasn't for this fuckin virus. Enjoy the match pop pickers, great start to the weekend 

Was thinking the same.  Packing would have been done a few days ago and Today we would have been in Glastonbury for a prefestival break. At least the football is a distraction.  

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

also remember when Germany knocked England out and England fans rioted in London and attacked anyone driving a VW or BMW.

Hah I don’t remember that at all! No social media & I was a lot less bothered about the news back then… 🙂

Sadly it doesn’t surprise me. 

26 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Game of two halfs...Scotland will be fucked in 2nd half, too much buckfast and battered mars bars.

etc.

Or we we can do the stereotypes and say England will suffer from too much warm beer and dancing round the maypole.

Edited by Cherry Tree

35 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

On the bus home right now… genuinely don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse game of football in person.

I was envious of you being there until about 30 minutes in when I definitely wasn't.. I'm still clinging on to the fact that I want us to come second in the group so it's a good thing but we just seemed so shite and lacking in any confidence. And what to do with Kane... dont understand how this UEFA graph is calculated but its not a glowing reflection of him.

Screenshot_20210618-235141_Firefox.jpg

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just coming back from the pub. Worst game of football I’ve ever watched. Boris as hell. Especially in a pub.

you know it’s boring when the tables full of lads with England shirts are just talking amongst themselves.

Absolute cobblers. You've obviously not watched much football if that's the worst game you've ever seen. It was no classic but you'll see worse games than that almost every weekend in the premier league!

7 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Absolute cobblers. You've obviously not watched much football if that's the worst game you've ever seen. It was no classic but you'll see worse games than that almost every weekend in the premier league!

I support a team who were managed by Tony Pulis so I feel like an expert on bad football… It was one of the worst games I’ve ever been to.

Not a great game by any stretch. Same old slow boring build ups with defenders playing one touch for literally 2-3 minutes before plucking up the courage to go forward. No control or bonding whatsoever in midfield. Kane looking like someone's spiked his orange juice, wtf, it'll be madness if he starts the next match.

And Foden subbed? Who's decision was that? He was one of the very few on the whole pitch making an extra effort. Strange indeed.

Shame because I do admire Southgate but the last two performances have been questionable.

As for Scotland, yes I'd be pleased, good result.

Edited by Cooter

33 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Shame because I do admire Southgate but the last two performances have been questionable.

His whole England managerial career has been the same. I actually wanted Scotland to win as Southgate would have been sacked and then we might actually get a manager that allows the team to play creative and attacking football. 

22 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

His whole England managerial career has been the same. I actually wanted Scotland to win as Southgate would have been sacked and then we might actually get a manager that allows the team to play creative and attacking football. 

You wanted your team to lose so the manager would be sacked?

That’s some bullshit right there.

Sadly They’ve already guaranteed Southgate will continue whatever happens in this tournament

He’s so negative, this is the man who dropped the best right back in world football a little while back and has players like Jadon Sancho on the bench not being used.

He built his legacy on getting to a WC semi final where they didn’t have to beat anyone of note, first half decent team they played…. Out

Spoiler…. It’ll be the same this time to 

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You wanted your team to lose so the manager would be sacked?

That’s some bullshit right there.

It’s the only way we would be rid of him. There’s no enjoyment watching England play. If I wanted to watch depressing football I’d become a Villa fan. 

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Sadly They’ve already guaranteed Southgate will continue whatever happens in this tournament

He’s so negative, this is the man who dropped the best right back in world football a little while back and has players like Jadon Sancho on the bench not being used.

He built his legacy on getting to a WC semi final where they didn’t have to beat anyone of note, first half decent team they played…. Out

Spoiler…. It’ll be the same this time to 

You mean the guy who even by his own admission was playing well below par at the time?

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You mean the guy who even by his own admission was playing well below par at the time?

But still performing better than the others as stats show.  If Kane went through a barren period presumably he’d be dropped too…. Or Sterling as he’s been firing, or trippier who was suspended for 10 games.

Great point though