Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

49 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

As a side note, I was waiting for my brother on Wembley way at about 2pm when a strong crowd of Germans came off the tube and up towards the ground.....glad to see our nation has grown up. 

Boos, beer cans thrown at them, hitler salutes and people running around with inflatable spitfires and singing 10 german bombers.

What an embarrassment. 

I was there and there were a lot of knuckle draggers out. Lost count of how many renditions of 10 German bombers I heard. 

4 minutes ago, El Matador said:

I was there and there were a lot of knuckle draggers out. Lost count of how many renditions of 10 German bombers I heard. 

Yeh same...it seemed to me that all the idiots were up there early doing all the silly stuff....I came straight from work but had to book a half day as I work in Oxford so was knocking about near the ground from 1.45pm or so.

As it got closer to kick off people who had been at work etc started arriving and it seemed to dilute it a lot more.

Edited by gooner1990

31 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh I went to the Czech Rep game last Tuesday and it was like a ghost town....make such a difference with more people in.

I've got a ticket for the final so praying England get there now!

Thought I'd secured 4 tickets for the final last night only for Barclaycard to well and truly fuck me over.  I'd confirmed the purchase through the correct security procedures and had the tickets sat in my UEFA account only for Barclaycard to put a block on the payment.

Love seeing these pics! What a night! I went to same pub in Nottingham that I was in when England beat Colombia in 2018, was brilliant. Pickford, Shaw, Stones, Maguire and Grealish brilliant. Hope Kane's goal has rejuvenated him, and Sterling has proven yet again why he's been our most important player under Southgate

Usually when I make future plans they don't tend to work in my favour but staying at home to watch last nights game in the hope that England would win (obviously!) has bought me a free pass from the good lady to go out and watch Saturday's game at the pub.

Saturday has got the feel of Sweden 2018 all over it which I'd most certainly rank in the top 5 day drinking experiences of my life. My Wife finding me passed out naked on the toilet with a bath full of vomit soured the next day slightly but still.

Absolutely buzzing.

47 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Thought I'd secured 4 tickets for the final last night only for Barclaycard to well and truly fuck me over.  I'd confirmed the purchase through the correct security procedures and had the tickets sat in my UEFA account only for Barclaycard to put a block on the payment.

Are there any left on sale?

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I saw that guy on Wembley Way yesterday....was funny the amount of people who actually thought it was him!

Including this reporter on ITV! 

To be fair, he is one of the best lookalikes I’ve ever seen!

Edited by st dan

18 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Crikey, midweek and a tea time kickoff, what will the viewing figures be like for the final 3 games should we get through? They're all prime time viewings so will be massive ratings there too 

Lineker tweeted that it was over 27m including people watching on iPlayer etc.

Edited by gooner1990

3 hours ago, El Matador said:

No better in the pub (Crystal Palace). I got into an argument with 10 German Bombers singing West Hams next to me.

One of them came over and shook my hand and said great game mate towards the end of the match, then when I looked around he was saying to his mates 'not real England fans'. I lost my temper and called him out on it and after saying he was going to beat me up and calling me a bald c&nt he came over and apologised. As I said to him at the time (among other things) 'we're beating Germany 2-0, why don't we just enjoy it?'