Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

9 hours ago, JoeyT said:

My friend (English, living in a small German town, hosted last nights game because his house is "the closest thing to Wembley we have around here".) has posted a great photo from the end of the match of him celebrating and all his German friends in varying displays of despair. It almost looks staged.

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Well that was the most fun I’ve ever had in a football stadium.

Ditto this, bodies flying everywhere. You could of told me Wembley was double capacity, not half with the atmosphere. What an incredible day that was.

41 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Well that was the most fun I’ve ever had in a football stadium.

We were in block 547 upper tier (right above the German fans) in row three....was a bit more sparse up there - we had a lot of empty seats around us and it made me quite jealous for everyone in the lower tier where it looked like mosh pit style celebrations.

Will teach me to go for the 50 euro cheap seats!

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

We were in block 547 upper tier (right above the German fans) in row three....was a bit more sparse up there - we had a lot of empty seats around us and it made me quite jealous for everyone in the lower tier where it looked like mosh pit style celebrations.

Will teach me to go for the 50 euro cheap seats!

Yeah we were lower tier about level with the corner flag down the end the goals were. Absolute bedlam!

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah we were lower tier about level with the corner flag down the end the goals were. Absolute bedlam!

Some mates of mine were down that bit....seen some of their videos on a Whatsapp group this morning...a lot different to our experience.  I think a lot of the reduced capacity was in the upper tiers as there were massive gaps behind us.

That all said was still a great day and I loved being there but was just jealous of everyone else as we could see it going radio rental down the other end and me and my brother love a good goal celebration. 🙂

As a side note, I was waiting for my brother on Wembley way at about 2pm when a strong crowd of Germans came off the tube and up towards the ground.....glad to see our nation has grown up. 

Boos, beer cans thrown at them, hitler salutes and people running around with inflatable spitfires and singing 10 german bombers.

What an embarrassment. 

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

As a side note, I was waiting for my brother on Wembley way at about 2pm when a strong crowd of Germans came off the tube and up towards the ground.....glad to see our nation has grown up. 

Boos, beer cans thrown at them, hitler salutes and people running around with inflatable spitfires and singing 10 german bombers.

What an embarrassment. 

That’s fucking disgraceful, there was a little bit on the tube coming in (about 3.30ish) but by and large people weren’t too badly behaved from what I saw.

I managed to get a ticket in the resale Saturday morning - hands down best atmosphere I've ever witnessed at a match (don't have a voice this morning). Absolute scenes when we scored, have to at least get to the final after that.

IMG_6925.thumb.JPG.1ba9a36d913787309855138d119c4aca.JPG

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

What an embarrassment. 

There was a lot of it. Only actually saw a couple of German fans walking up to the ground and it was fairly good natured but in the concourse yesterday it was uncomfortable at times. 

23 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It actually looked full on the TV. Bet the atmosphere was incredible! 

The atmosphere was electric, i was down the front in the end where i goals went in. Absolute total carnage! I feel so lucky to have been there for a part of football history.