Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Leaving work to get the train to Wembley in 45 mins.

Already nervous. 😕

My mates are meeting in the pub at 12. Not going in that early, got so hammered before Scotland I can barely remember being there! Gonna meet them centrally about 1.30-2ish, couple of pint then head to Wembley around3ish.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

My mates are meeting in the pub at 12. Not going in that early, got so hammered before Scotland I can barely remember being there! Gonna meet them centrally about 1.30-2ish, couple of pint then head to Wembley around3ish.

I've brought my car in to work today (10 min walk from the station) deliberatly so I don't get pissed and 1. not remember the game and 2. have a hangover at work the following day.

Ditto you for the Scotland game I did the same for the Czech Rep game last week...was so drunk I could see three Jordan Pickfords and had to watch most of the game with my hand over one eye. 😞

Two cans on Wembley way will do me for today.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I've brought my car in to work today (10 min walk from the station) deliberatly so I don't get pissed and 1. not remember the game and 2. have a hangover at work the following day.

Ditto you for the Scotland game I did the same for the Czech Rep game last week...was so drunk I could see three Jordan Pickfords and had to watch most of the game with my hand over one eye. 😞

Two cans on Wembley way will do me for today.

Got my second COVID jab tomorrow too, don't need to show up for that hungover!

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Got my second COVID jab tomorrow too, don't need to show up for that hungover!

Don’t go reporting headaches as one of the after effects … enjoy the match everyone that’s going 🙂  …. I’m hoping to make it to my first premier league match at anfield next season 🙂 

39 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Have a good one lads, a win tonight and we have a very good chance of getting to the final.

I do hope we're not going to be playing 7 defensive players in front of Pickford.

Looks like we are with the leaked line up. Ridiculous. This German side is nowhere near good enough to warrant that level of ‘respect’ either. 

I've had a crazy busy morning but now it's lunchtime the nerves have started.

Watching at home tonight in the hope that when we win I can use it as leverage with the Wife to go out to watch the next round on Saturday at the pub.

I'll never forget that Sweden game in 2018. Weather was great. Atmosphere in my local area was unbelievable. People in the river, cars honking and just everyone buzzing off the result.

Edited by JoeyT

40 minutes ago, st dan said:

Looks like we are with the leaked line up. Ridiculous. This German side is nowhere near good enough to warrant that level of ‘respect’ either. 

Totally agree, can't understand why we would change our formation to counter-act theirs, we have the players at our disposal to have them worrying about us.  France did a similar thing last night in at look where it got them.

21 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Totally agree, can't understand why we would change our formation to counter-act theirs, we have the players at our disposal to have them worrying about us.  France did a similar thing last night in at look where it got them.

This is a concern. If we play negatively and lose tonight, I think that might be it for Southgate. He’s already lost a very vocal minority of the fans for being, y’know, against all forms of injustice and discrimination and dour football won’t help his cause,

No Grealish or Foden in the leaked line-up. Where’s the sprinkling of stardust going to come from? A lot of pressure on Saka and Sterling to perform…

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

This is a concern. If we play negatively and lose tonight, I think that might be it for Southgate. He’s already lost a very vocal minority of the fans for being, y’know, against all forms of injustice and discrimination and dour football won’t help his cause,

No Grealish or Foden in the leaked line-up. Where’s the sprinkling of stardust going to come from? A lot of pressure on Saka and Sterling to perform…

Yep agree with all of this. Saka is a good young player who could well go on and be a star, but he’s played very little first team football - and certainly nothing like this level. Selecting him ahead of Grealish, Foden, Rashford and Sancho is a very big call. Especially as you say, he’s one of only three players on the pitch who we are looking to create something special. 

It’s very reminiscent of Pep and how he tries to overthink the opposition in the big games, when really just putting your best XI out should be the priority. 

4 minutes ago, st dan said:

Yep agree with all of this. Saka is a good young player who could well go on and be a star, but he’s played very little first team football - and certainly nothing like this level. Selecting him ahead of Grealish, Foden, Rashford and Sancho is a very big call. Especially as you say, he’s one of only three players on the pitch who we are looking to create something special. 

It’s very reminiscent of Pep and how he tries to overthink the opposition in the big games, when really just putting your best XI out should be the priority. 

Is it all a way to get Trippier in so we have a decent set piece taker on the pitch?

Germany have looked shaky at the back - we should be attacking them. Especially with the crowd behind us.