Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I've not benefitted from it as you can tell! 😄

I just got through on the portal and added two tickets for the other semi to my basket. Was just about to pay when I realised that Mrs J would almost certainly have my bollocks if I booked yet another football match.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I just got through on the portal and added two tickets for the other semi to my basket. Was just about to pay when I realised that Mrs J would almost certainly have my bollocks if I booked yet another football match.

My girlfriend doesn't mind me going to football all the time, its the ridiculous cost of it she has an issue with!

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

My girlfriend doesn't mind me going to football all the time, its the ridiculous cost of it she has an issue with!

It's leaving her at home to feed, wash and put two very small children to bet that she has an issue with...

Edited by Hugh Jass

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's leaving her at home to feed, wash and put two very small children to bet that she has an issue with...

I probably wouldn't be able to get away with anything if we had kids.

She's already told me to forget festivals if we get to that stage.... 😮 

Just now, gooner1990 said:

I probably wouldn't be able to get away with anything if we had kids.

She's already told me to forget festivals if we get to that stage.... 😮 

I have one child (3 year old, with another on the way), definitely do less gigs (but got one in August planned) and still just about managing it as a Brighton STH, although once we have 2 I think there will be pressure on me to give it up.

Although she perfectly happy for me to start taking the 3 year old to the Amex once he's old enough for the Family Stand.

Just now, Mellotr0n said:

I have one child (3 year old, with another on the way), definitely do less gigs (but got one in August planned) and still just about managing it as a Brighton STH, although once we have 2 I think there will be pressure on me to give it up.

Although she perfectly happy for me to start taking the 3 year old to the Amex once he's old enough for the Family Stand.

TBH as and when it gets to that I'm sure I can negotiate something.....I've said I'll give up other festivals but not Glastonbury!

Suppose its not just the money its as Hugh Jass says its the time on their own and looking after them.

1 minute ago, found home in 2009 said:

Thanks. Got in, but payment for ticket failed. Not sure if it was because I took too long to fill in details. Didn't realise I'd need passport details for each person the ticket was for.

You can change the passport details after you've purchased the tickets but yes you do need to put them in. 

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

TBH as and when it gets to that I'm sure I can negotiate something.....I've said I'll give up other festivals but not Glastonbury!

Suppose its not just the money its as Hugh Jass says its the time on their own and looking after them.

Yeah money is tighter now with kids, no doubt, but I'd say it's more about time management - you can use certain tactics to gain credit in the bank sometimes though...

Just now, Mellotr0n said:

Yeah money is tighter now with kids, no doubt, but I'd say it's more about time management - you can use certain tactics to gain credit in the bank sometimes though...

Yeh I'm an expect at working the brownie points. 😉 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh I'm an expect at working the brownie points. 😉 

Had Glastonbury been on this year I wouldn't even have considered going to any football.

Mrs J doesn't mind me going to stuff, but also expects reciprocation so she can sometimes have a night off. Which is completely fair.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else feel like shit's gotten real VERY quickly in this tournament??

Due to pretty much no big sides out in the Group stage, it felt like there was very little jeopardy - the big sides all survived Group F in the end, everyone else you'd expect to go through went through.

Then suddenly BANG - Holland and Portugal both out within hours of each other.

Really enjoying the tournament but also shitting myself about tomorrow.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Due to pretty much no big sides out in the Group stage, it felt like there was very little jeopardy - the big sides all survived Group F in the end, everyone else you'd expect to go through went through.

Beat Germany tomorrow and there is no excuse not to get to the final if you ask me.

12 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

I am a bag of nerves about tomorrow!! Christ knows how i'll sleep tonight!

Everybody's had at least one mare of a game. Even France.

20 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Shits gonna get real if the Germans score first tomorrow...